PDA

View Full Version : Twenty Four Days of Christmas Activities

Gingerbug
05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Here's an old idea list from two years ago...the 24 Days activities that we did in 2006.

December 1: Family members write memories in Christmas journal and I will give basket of twenty four items to be opened one a night.

December 2: Decorate some parts of house. Evening: Wine Tasting Party December 3: Decorate rest of house.

December 4: Make Bath Salts

December 5: Hot Chocolate (Candy Canes)

December 6: Read the Story of Jesus Birth

December 7: Nativity Night/Light Candles

December 8: Christmas Movie Night

December 9: Jazzy Jingle Bells Dinner Party (neighbors)

December 10: Bake Cookies

December 11: Play Christmas Trivia

December 12: Make Gift Tags for Gifts

December 13: Christmas Music/Wrap Gifts

December 14: Family Talk: Share Memories

December 15: Christmas Movie Night

December 16: Attend Staff Holiday Party

December 17: Happy Holidays Dinner (family)

December 18: Make Candy

December 19: Drive/Enjoy Lights

December 20: Book Night: Sharing Favorite Stories/Passages (read aloud)

December 21: Kelsey's Birthday Supper

December 22: Christmas Movie Night

December 23: Read all Christmas Cards/Vote on favorite

December 24: Christmas Eve Dinner with Family/Friends

mammaduke
05-08-2008, 10:21 PM
That is so great ginger love this idea. So much to keep everyone busy, yet give us a break.

Gingerbug
05-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Sometimes to keep it simple...don't you love that word...simple...people do a Christmas story each night of December as their 24 days activity. This is a great way to build up a Christmas library for children. Last year I bought quite a few Christmas books for Evan and we store them in a Christmas box...so this year around Thanksgiving...out they will come to be enjoyed.

Lanar
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Hope to be able to do something of the sort, since I will be so prepared this year!!!!

Gingerbug
05-23-2008, 05:33 AM
My goal is to be so prepared I can sit down and relax on Christmas Eve...LOL

I know some of you have 24 day lists...so please post them here so others can get ideas from them. The one I posted was old....I just happened to have it in Word on this computer...I will work on the one for 08 and get it up soon!!!

cathymacmiller
05-23-2008, 08:44 AM
I have a tentative list that I'll post later, but I really like the simplicity of reading a story every night. Maybe we could do that and then once a week do a Christmas movie. Of course, with all the Christmas movies on tv now, we usually end up watching one every night or so during December.

I'm loving this idea-I have also given some thought to making Christmas Eve simpler than it's been...with little ones that can be hard, though.

Gingerbug
06-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Yes the book is simple and a great idea....Also that book: Chicken Soup Christmas Treasury is a good one...it has 24 stories in it. Last year I gave Evan books for his 24 days gifts so we will put those in a basket and use them for Thanksgiving until December ....with some activities thrown in along the way too....

GOSH....I keep forgetting that SIMPLIFY is my word for 2008!!!!