Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas Snow Angel » Was Down but now I'm UP.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat The Mistletoe Bough...
By MMC Editor
10-17-2013 06:19 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:04 AM
2 Posts
Counter Point: Why There...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:38 PM
43,433 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-18-2011 01:41 AM
64,269 Views  0 Posts
Halloween: What's the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:28 PM
48,187 Views  0 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,054 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Was Down but now I'm UP.

Submit "Was Down but now I'm UP." to Digg Submit "Was Down but now I'm UP." to del.icio.us Submit "Was Down but now I'm UP." to StumbleUpon Submit "Was Down but now I'm UP." to Google
Posted 10-27-2008 at 07:09 AM by Christmas Snow Angel

Wow...this economy has really gotten me down. I've been away from the site for a couple of weeks because just the thought of spending money for Christmas depressed me. Trying to find a job...but thats like finding a needle in a hay stack around here. One bright note my husband did receive a small raise on his paycheck.

I need to pull up my boot straps and get back out there. I need to give it all to God and he'll take care of the rest. I have to have faith and I have to believe that things will get better not only for my family but for everyone.

I'm feeling better about Christmas now. I some how truly forgot the real reason behind Christmas. And that real reason has came back to me and has made me feel so much better.

I believe because I have my faith back now, He has come through for my family. Out of the blue yesterday I received a call from a couple who attends church with my family. They decided to buy each of my daughters a American Girl Doll for Christmas. They had no clue that both of my daughters had those dolls on the top of their Christmas lists. So now even though I know it's not a going to be a great "commercial" Christmas at my house, my daughters will be extremely happy. That in return makes me extremely happy.
So all of you out there that have been feeling the same as myself, please just remember, with God all things are possible, and keep your faith!!
~M~
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1456 Comments 2
« Back around.     Main
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    What a beautiful message. Thank you!
  2. Old Comment
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award