Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Seasonal Celebrations » Christmas is Coming

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
star Charlie Brown Heads to...
By Jeff Westover
10-10-2012 10:09 PM
27,673 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Dress
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:40 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-20-2013 05:09 PM
1 Posts
The True Story of Silent...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:58 PM
54,890 Views  0 Posts
Is it Donner or Donder?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
48,494 Views  0 Posts
How to Fit the Tree in...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:44 PM
Last post by Christmas-A-Holic
06-27-2011 08:13 PM
44,620 Views  3 Posts
Musings Through the Year with Gingerbug
Rate this Entry

Christmas is Coming

Submit "Christmas is Coming" to Digg Submit "Christmas is Coming" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas is Coming" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas is Coming" to Google
Posted 11-01-2008 at 11:31 AM by Gingerbug

This entry is an excerpt from my blog Ginger's Journey...

Christmas is coming. Faster than I thought possible. Today I worked on my Christmas Notebook and started finalizing my lists...yikes there's still lots to do.

I have been looking at adding a new nativity set this year. I have several but most are novelty sets...like a snowman nativity set and a Boyds Bears one....and even though I love them...I wanted a nativity set with a bit more realism to it...I have a couple smallish ones that fit the bill but not a main one...I looked at several from Italy and a couple generic ones from the USA....there was a nice Native American one also. But then this one from Mexico caught my eye on Ebay. I like the size...the main figures are about four and a half inches tall....so managable without being tiny...the painted details add a whimsical touch to the set...and so it is MINE....but it won't arrive for a couple of weeks!

Another addition this year is a Advent wreath candle holder....it has the tiny purple and pink candles with a place in the center for the white candle representing Christmas Day....I ordered it several months ago and have it stashed away just waiting for the holiday season to arrive. It is pewter and has a verse engraved along the base.

As I have mentioned before I am downsizing on the holiday decor this year...and so not many new items will be added. These are the main two items that will be new and then I will be VERY selective in what I unpack from the dozens of holiday boxes I have accumulated over the years. I followed this simplified approach with the fall decor and what I have out is lovely without being overwhelming...I like it!

This year I am approaching Christmas with a heart full of faith, joy, and hope....and isn't that what the whole season is about. While I am cutting back on the gift lists and decor items...I'm trying to appreciate the true meaning of Christmas...the love, peace, and hope that the birth of Christ evoked. I am thinking about the Christmas Story more and more. I wrote once before that I wonder if I could have been the shepards....leaving their fields to find the new born Christ Child...following a star with wonder and uncertainty. Traveling on a journey based on faith. Or what about the Wisemen...leaving the comfort of their homelands to travel across unknown lands to bear gifts for the Baby Jesus. I hope that I could have been as adventurous...that faith and trust would have carried me on the journey of a lifetime....can you just imagine if they had missed out on the very event that shaped the future of mankind...because of self doubt or fear of the unknown.

So as we quickly move into November.... celebrate with me for the greatest journey of all...is the journey to Christmas...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3286 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Beautiful!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award