Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Mumof2 » Cancer

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Colonial...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:30 PM
0 Posts
My Neighbor, My Friend
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:31 PM
49,372 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,730 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,086 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,076 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Cancer

Submit "Cancer" to Digg Submit "Cancer" to del.icio.us Submit "Cancer" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cancer" to Google
Posted 11-07-2008 at 09:58 PM by Mumof2

How Many of us know that word well? I know it Too well! It's like it follows me around.My Grandfather died in 1997 of it,granted he was in his early 90's.My Aunt Arlene or Arliney as we'd call her, died on the morning of August 1,2006 later that same day my Georgeous Niece Lily was born.
I've been thinking of my dad alot lately and the reason is he was the reason im a christmas lover.he kept up a small christmas tree in his room year round.
My dad Died of Lung cancer on April 21,2001 I was 23 and just devastated.I just had my son 4 1/2 months before,He was diagnosed with spina Bifida Occulta,and Torticoliss.I wacthed as my dad died and all the while he kept his sense of humor,maybe it was more for us than him,but I've gotta say that was the bravest thing I've ever seen.
Before he Died,he said to me "im sorry im not gonna se Douglas and his daddy go fishing" Im sorry baby.Im just to sick,BUT, Im gonna send you a little girl.I said to him That would be great papa,I want a daughter.he smiled and I kissed him and said I love ya.and with that I left. to let him rest. A few days later in the early morning of April 21st(my FIL'S BDAY BTW)My funny,brave father died in his sleep,He was 66.during the night,I had a dream of my dad,He was in a pool and he was wicked young like maybe his 30's.he was wearing yellow swim trunks.looking up at me waving,smiling and saying I love you baby.when My brother woke me up to tell me the newS,I couldn't figure out what that was about,Ive never seen my father young,My parents were in their 40's when I was born.
Later in the day my aunt Shirley told my mum she dream of Jimmy when they were young and he said to her Im alright Shirley.Ill be fine.
Days later when we were cleaning out his Items I Stopped dead in my tracks and started to cry,When asked I showed my mum and sisters the pic I was holding.There in my hand I was holding my father in a pool with yellow swin trunks smiling up.I had never seen this picture,even my mum said I coul not have.It was in a Bible my dad kept and in that bible were the pictures of my sister Gayle who died as an infant in 1957.Which I was amazed he kept those that long.
As I packed up my things for the ride home with Douglas and my hubby,I felt the dread of leaving my Beloved state,We lived in Louisiana,my hubbys home state.I just didnt want to leave.I think we were in North Carolina,when we stopped for gas and to use the potty,when I sat in the truck I looked over and there on the mirror was a yellow and black butterfly,it was a big one,not huge but pretty big.it stayed there even after we took off.and every spring,I see that same color butterfly.

Oh by the way,My always right father kept his word,One Year and One week Later,I gave Birth to My daughter Isabella,In Boston,Mass.she was born on April 28,2002!

Now my brother Jimmy is going though cancer,colon cancer my brother will be 50 in dec. he's a father of five.Life long painter,as we all are in this family,Former Army man,he was actually stationed in Korea when I was born in 1977 . He Didnt come home until 1980 and I wouldn't go near him so im told.He will end his chemo in Jan. and It looks good,very good actually.Im just glad he survived,he's got a 26,24,20,9 and 4 yr old who need him here.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2204 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
  2. Old Comment
    memories shared are a blessing

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award