Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » What Was in The Box

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,448
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,132)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
There's Something About...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:38 PM
40,776 Views  0 Posts
What makes reindeer fly?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:48 PM
47,711 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,222 Views  7 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,282 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Legendary Christmas...
By Jeff Westover
09-26-2012 12:27 PM
62,955 Views  0 Posts
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Rate this Entry

What Was in The Box

Submit "What Was in The Box" to Digg Submit "What Was in The Box" to del.icio.us Submit "What Was in The Box" to StumbleUpon Submit "What Was in The Box" to Google
Posted 11-08-2008 at 10:04 AM by Jeff Westover

Ok, I've been hounded about this and negligent in my duties in telling the rest of the story...last I blogged I told of receiving a mystery box while out of town.

When I got home I had no sooner dragged my luggage through the door before my kids took me by the hand to my chair in the living room. My youngest daughters pushed this rather large box towards my feet and my son handed me his pocket knife.

"Open it!"

Inside was the most curious Christmas decoration we have ever seen -- a large, heavy Christmas tree made entirely of sea shells, complete with a star-fish topper.

Plug it in and it lights up.

With it was an ornament (which will go on this year's tree) and a wonderful handmade card -- all from the members of Christmas Talk.

Suddenly my 16 year old daughter blurted out "Dad got a major award!"

I could not have been more surprised.

Thanks go out to our fellow Christmas fans at Christmas Talk. I'm deeply touched.
Views 1365 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award