Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Mumof2 » Christmas Elves

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,010
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, jkbb0414
Rate this Entry

Christmas Elves

Submit "Christmas Elves" to Digg Submit "Christmas Elves" to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas Elves" to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas Elves" to Google
Posted 11-25-2008 at 03:13 PM by Mumof2

I was thinking about those Memories you have as a kid.You know them,the one's where you get into a day dream and boom your smiling and giggling in the middle of Stoppy (stop & shop,our grocery store here) something in the isle made you go back 10,20,even longer maybe.maybe a smell?a sound? whatever it was,it's like a time Machine brought you there.I know for me Im pretty happy after special thoughts like that.So I thought I'd share one with Ya's...

I was sitting in my Parlor and my dad came into the room he told me and my brother Kevin to get our Jackets and all,we are going out for a few. We looked at eachother and shrugged,ok. So in a flash we were out the door,down the stairs and piling into the car.
My dad drove us to another Neighborhood,not to far from our own.He drove onto a narrow street and parked at the end.He turned to us and said" I want you both togo to the brown 6 decker knock on this apt.# and when they answer do NOT tell them who you are,Just tell them this,"we are santa's elves and we are here to give you these gifts Directly from Santa".
We said ok and from beneath a blanket on the front seat he had brightly colored packages and ribbons with candy dripping from them! they were so pretty.With that we got out,went up to the house climbed the stairs,and just like he said we Knocked. A lil girl who would not let us see her whole body was hiding behind the door,we said what our father told us too,she looked amazed and said who are you really? we replied in unison,we are santas elves of course!Kevin said,close your door and count to 10 open it again and you'll see we really are Santas elves! she smiled thanked us again and shut her door,we booked it down those stairs and out the door as fast as we could.hopped in the car and told our dad what happened.He had this coolaid smile you know the one,ear to ear! he thanked us and said you both did a wonderful thing. we waited a few minutes and he Banged a U-turn.As we went by that big brown 6 decker,he said looking up,"Noone should ever go with out for Christmas"!
Our Father had saved up a few dollars when he learned that this family had no money to buy their kids gifts for christmas,You see dad was a painter,and he was hired to paint this houses halls and apts. when he over heard this couple he said,Baby I just had to do something for them.I had never been more proud of him! he went out and bought them each an outfit,gloves,underwear,socks and a few small toys and some candy and he wrapped them himself.
I think I was 6 or so and kevin maybe was 11.We still think of this alot and talk about it at christmas.it was something me and my dad and brother shared together.
When dad or Pupi as we called him,passed away in 2001,Kevin got up there and told this story,well he had everyone in tears and nodding their heads,pupi wasn't perfect,but had a very big heart!!! so this is my Christmas Memory of the day about 25 yrs ago,when Kevin and I became Santa's Elves!! V.

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2601 Comments 4
« Cancer     Main     Depression. »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I have tears...you had a good daddy.
  2. Old Comment
    Aw,thank you..He was.
  3. Old Comment
    [B]What a wonderful memory of a wonderful man. Thank you for sharing one of your precious memories........ox[/B]
  4. Old Comment
    Thank You,I love writting about him.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award