Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > golodenqiueenalicia » Setting Goals for 2009

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Rate this Entry

Setting Goals for 2009

Submit "Setting Goals for 2009" to Digg Submit "Setting Goals for 2009" to del.icio.us Submit "Setting Goals for 2009" to StumbleUpon Submit "Setting Goals for 2009" to Google
Posted 12-27-2008 at 04:02 PM by golodenqiueenalicia

Its that time of year again, you know the drill, were all gonna promise to do so many things different and those things will work for a couple of weeks or so but even before the end of January we're all be back right where we were before.

So this year I'm gonna try something different, now don't get me wrong actually my life is very very good, I am truly blessed but there are a few things I would like to be able to do just for me.

So first I want to lose some weight, now I'm not huge but I am carring an extra 50-100 pounds or so (okay not 100 but it feels that way sometimes). I am tall so I can carry extra weight and not look so bad but I am very unhappy with my weight. Now before children back in my highschool years I was skinny(real real skinny) I was actually a professional ballerina and I loved it.

I loved to dance, and dance and dance. I was always happiest if I was performing. Now I look at my body and am absolutly aboluded at what I see and I say to myself how on earth could I have let myself go like this.

Truth is that my husband likes me with a little extra weight on so there is a fine line where we both are happy, right now I am not happy....

So what I'm going to do about it is first join a gym. In fact my youngest daughter and I are supose to go check one out tonight. Its the cheapest one in the area that has everything I'm looking for. Then I am going to work out for a minimum of 2 hours every day (Monday thru Friday). Once I am under 200 pounds I am also going to join a Piliates gym and work out 3 times a week there. I already ride a bike at home (stionary) for 30 mins every day plus walk my dog for about an hour twice a day and I plan to continue those things as well. So hopefully those things will be enough to get me shedding some pounds.

On the nutritional side, since my husbands last stroke (over a year ago) we have switched to an organic healthy lifestyle, at least for the most part. We hardly eat red meat at all less than once a week, we eat fish a minimum of 3 times a week, and we eat pork, chicken, and turkey at least once a week. I try not to even have junk food in the house, but as we are just finishing up Christmas we do have some (chex mix, pretzels, popcorn and of course christmas cookies). I find that as long as I menu plan we stick to the plan very well so I'm going to continue that. I will try to keep this blog posted with all my progress.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1205 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award