Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > SnowMaiden1018 » A Message In Lights.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Angel Twin
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:42 PM
Last post by lauriebear
08-17-2011 01:52 PM
52,137 Views  2 Posts
Candlemas
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:26 PM
52,498 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Ways Santa Knows...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:55 PM
46,221 Views  0 Posts
Amanda
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:33 PM
46,047 Views  0 Posts
Washington's Christmas...
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 09:16 PM
58,516 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

A Message In Lights.

Submit "A Message In Lights." to Digg Submit "A Message In Lights." to del.icio.us Submit "A Message In Lights." to StumbleUpon Submit "A Message In Lights." to Google
Posted 04-20-2009 at 01:12 PM by SnowMaiden1018

I was driving to work a few days before Christmas of last year. I was going to my job at the mall, where I would be the happy smiling elf, making kids smile so I could take a picture of them with Santa. This job is MOSTLY satisfying, sometimes its just painful to deal with people and the lack of kindness. It was the morning after a very long line at the Santa Set. Everyone was miserable and mad for the wait. Everyone but the children. In fact, some kids were telling their parents to calm down. One of the kids, who was about 6 years old, turned to his mom and said "Ya know, Mama, Santas watching you too" Well she couldnt argue with that, and just shook her head. They were one of the last customers that night. Anyways, back to my story, I was driving to work the next morning, and I was lost in thought about how so many people never "see" what they have, they just want more. I never had much in my life, so I tend to be thankful for what I have, more thankful for the people in my life, instead of things. I never saw the car pull out in front of me. She clipped my front end and sent me barrelling into a side rail. Through the metal and the pain, and honking and other car crash noises, I saw one thing, and one thing only. In the tail lights of the cars, (the other car, the ambulance, the cops, the fire engines) The lights, blinding and blinking, were bright enough to make this dark rainy day, bright as a summer morning. What I saw that day, in those lights, was one word. FAITH. It flashed like a neon sign, bright and showy. No, I didnt hit my head, I did however sustain very critical injuries, but my brain was not altered. The doctors said it was from the impact that my eyes, registered something out of whack. I believe it was a message. A reminder. It was exactly what I needed to see that day, and It was exactly what I needed to remember for the rest of my life.[/FONT]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1224 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award