Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear777 » And A Haunting we will go... 1600 Pennsylvania Ave...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 53,996
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, K1081
Rate this Entry

And A Haunting we will go... 1600 Pennsylvania Ave...

Submit "And A Haunting we will go...  1600 Pennsylvania Ave..." to Digg Submit "And A Haunting we will go...  1600 Pennsylvania Ave..." to del.icio.us Submit "And A Haunting we will go...  1600 Pennsylvania Ave..." to StumbleUpon Submit "And A Haunting we will go...  1600 Pennsylvania Ave..." to Google
Posted 10-28-2009 at 12:26 PM by lauriebear777

Dorothea Paine "Dolley" Madison was one of the most popular first ladies to have presided in the White House.
She was born in 1768 and became the wife and the young widow of John Todd, a Quaker lawyer of Philadelphia. 1794, at the age of twenty-six, she married James Madison, who became, in 1809, fourth president of the United States.
Dolley's wit and charm and her ability to remember faces endeared her to everyone. But she never liked to be crossed, as the legend of her ghost bears out.
When the second Mrs. Woodrow Wilson occupied the White House, she ordered gardeners to dig up the familiar Rose Garden. They never turned a spade. Dolley Madison had planned and built the garden! Her ghost arrived in all her nineteenth century to upbraid the workmen for what they were about to do. The men fled. Not a flower was disturbed and Dolley's garden continues to bloom today as it has for nearly two centuries.

:twisted:
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 623 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award