Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear777 » Applie Pie & Pie Crust Recipe

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,089
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, ajb1946
Rate this Entry

Applie Pie & Pie Crust Recipe

Submit "Applie Pie & Pie Crust Recipe" to Digg Submit "Applie Pie & Pie Crust Recipe" to del.icio.us Submit "Applie Pie & Pie Crust Recipe" to StumbleUpon Submit "Applie Pie & Pie Crust Recipe" to Google
Posted 10-28-2009 at 02:43 PM by lauriebear777
Updated 10-28-2009 at 02:46 PM by lauriebear777 (I copied & pasted it did not convert right)

[B][COLOR=green]Pie Crust (two crusts)[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=green]Ingredients[/COLOR][/B][LIST][*][COLOR=green]3 cups all-purpose unbleached flour [/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR][*][COLOR=green]1 1/2 cups shortening [/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR][*][COLOR=green]1 teaspoon salt [/COLOR][*][COLOR=green]1 egg [/COLOR][*][COLOR=green]1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar or cider [/COLOR][*][COLOR=green]5 1/2 tablespoons water [/COLOR][/LIST][B][COLOR=green]Directions[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=green]1. Whisk together the flour and salt. Blend in shortening until texture resembles coarse crumbs. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]2. Mix together egg, vinegar, and water. Pour into flour mixture, and mix together. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]3. Roll dough out between wax paper; no extra flour is needed to roll out dough if wax paper is used. Use as directed in recipe. [/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=green]Apple Pie Filling (two crusts)[/COLOR][/B]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]7 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples (about 7 medium)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]1 tablespoon apple juice or cider[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green] cup sugar (white)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]3 tablespoons ground cinnamon[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green] teaspoon salt[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][COLOR=green][/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=green]Directions[/COLOR][/B]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]Heat oven to 425. Place one crust in an ungreased 9 inch glass pie plate (I say glass because that is what I use, if you have a dark pan still ungreased but adjust oven temp to 400) press the side of crust firmly to the pie pan.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]In a large bowl and a wooden spoon mix filling ingredients. Taste to see if you would like a little more cinnamon or nutmeg. Spoon into pie crust gently. With 2nd crust cover and wrap excess crust under edges and press them together to seal, you can then take a fork to the edges or flute by press sides of crust with your thumb and pointer finger almost pinching it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=green]Cover edges of crust with tin foil and bake about 45 to 50 minutes, pull off tin foil and bake additional 10 to 15 minutes. Cool for at least three hours I recommend overnight.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
:give:
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 602 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award