Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear777 » Do you know when Candy Corn was 1st created???

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,092
Threads: 53,935
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, Sandy Horton
Rate this Entry

Do you know when Candy Corn was 1st created???

Submit "Do you know when Candy Corn was 1st created???" to Digg Submit "Do you know when Candy Corn was 1st created???" to del.icio.us Submit "Do you know when Candy Corn was 1st created???" to StumbleUpon Submit "Do you know when Candy Corn was 1st created???" to Google
Posted 10-29-2009 at 08:25 AM by lauriebear777
Updated 10-29-2009 at 08:26 AM by lauriebear777 (forgot to put into catagory)

[B]Candy Corn[/B]

First created in the 1880s by George Renninger of the Wunderle Candy Company, the three colors of candy corn are meant to symbolize actual corn. Each piece is approximately the size of a whole kernel of corn, as if it fell off a ripe or dried ear of corn.
Candy corn is made primarily from sugar, corn syrup and honey. Working by hand, the original manufacturers first combined sugar, corn syrup and water and cooked them into a slurry. Fondant was added for texture, and marshmallows provided a soft bite. The final mixture was then heated and poured into shaped molds. Three passes were required during the pouring process, one for each colored section. Few changes have been made to the process or recipe, with machines now performing the tasks formerly done by people. Candy corn can be found at most popular grocery food stores in the United States.

:devil:
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 578 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award