Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear777 » In Honor of Veterans Day... A Heart felt THANK YOU!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,001
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Rate this Entry

In Honor of Veterans Day... A Heart felt THANK YOU!

Submit "In Honor of Veterans Day... A Heart felt THANK YOU!" to Digg Submit "In Honor of Veterans Day... A Heart felt THANK YOU!" to del.icio.us Submit "In Honor of Veterans Day... A Heart felt THANK YOU!" to StumbleUpon Submit "In Honor of Veterans Day... A Heart felt THANK YOU!" to Google
Posted 11-11-2009 at 09:59 AM by lauriebear777

[FONT=Georgia]Let us take a moment weather we agree or not with war to say a pray of Thanks to all who have served... For it is they who do the living, breathing, dying, for those who care not to look, they protect us when the evil knocks, willing to die for my belief that no one should in war. Thank you my Veterans, for all you have done, you do, and will do, thank you...[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia]As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia]This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln

Freedom is never free. ~Author Unknown[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind. ~Mahatma Gandhi[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. ~Author unknown, sometimes attributed to M. Grundler[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia]Freedom is never free. ~Author Unknown

I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot. ~Gary Hart[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die. ~G.K. Chesterton[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia]My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls. ~David Thomas

Not what we give,
But what we share,
For the gift
without the giver
Is bare.
~James Russell Lowell[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia]War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia]Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, speech, American Society of Newspaper Editors, 16 April 1953[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. ~Robert E. Lee, letter to his wife, 1864[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia]Nations have recently been led to borrow billions for war; no nation has ever borrowed largely for education. Probably, no nation is rich enough to pay for both war and civilization. We must make our choice; we cannot have both. ~Abraham Flexner[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia]In Flanders fields the poppies grow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky,
The larks, still bravely singing, fly,
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
~John McCrae

What this planet needs is more mistletoe and less missile-talk. ~Author Unknown[/FONT]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1568 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award