Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Tinseled Musings from a Yule Tuned Mind » The U.S. Treasury & Jack Webb

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,611 Views  1 Posts
Annual Survey of...
By MMC Editor
09-16-2013 08:19 AM
Last post by icetene33
10-21-2013 04:04 PM
19,374 Views  2 Posts
Presentblue Black Friday 2012: The...
By Jeff Westover
11-23-2012 05:13 PM
48,625 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Decorating with Rope...
By JeanetteDi
08-30-2011 08:04 AM
65,972 Views  0 Posts
Celebrating Christmas in...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:03 PM
46,778 Views  0 Posts
Most of the postings found herein are of a Seasonal Musical Kind. Playlists from a show called "Mistletoe Mix" on Kringle Radio & Merry Christmas Radio will be found as well as general musings of lyrical & melodically significance as applicable to Christmas music and the enjoyment thereof.

However, the proverbial right for straying from the musical notes and verse is respectfully hereby instated to include the wanderings therefrom a mind that may every now and again think of something else of which to set to prose.

Welcome! Pull up an earphone or speaker and enjoy!
Rate this Entry

The U.S. Treasury & Jack Webb

Submit "The U.S. Treasury & Jack Webb" to Digg Submit "The U.S. Treasury & Jack Webb" to del.icio.us Submit "The U.S. Treasury & Jack Webb" to StumbleUpon Submit "The U.S. Treasury & Jack Webb" to Google
Posted 12-08-2009 at 01:05 PM by RadioJonD

I've got a couple of out of print (oop) vinyl records for share at www.FaLaLaLaLa.com

Both are for a limited time, so I thought I would post them here are well.

First: http://www.falalalala.com/fireside/i...cseen#msg14605

Those of us growing up in the Sixties and Seventies (and way before) will remember transcription broadcasts on radio. One particular series was for the promotion of Savings Bonds and is the subject of this share. My dad would purchase a bond each per pay period for my brother and me for many years!

Transcription records were recorded, pressed, and sent to participating radio stations for on air broadcast. As such, the complete program runs as one track on the LP. Often, these LPs were one sided as this share is.

This LP was picked up at a flea market. The seller had bought a rather large radio station collection of records and was selling them in his space. As previously stated, the LP originally ran as one continuous track for broadcast. It was only in a white paper sleeve and is “Guest Star Show of the Month” No. 12 (more below).

For the share, I’m offering two versions. I’ve taken the liberty of dividing the material into seventeen tracks as well as the liturgical “audio cleaning” of the record. Some of the breaks may not be a very smooth transition, but will not be noticed when the work is played as a whole. Should you burn to a CD, remember to choose the “no gap” feature before proceeding. Also, included for the purists among us, is a raw LP transfer sans cleaning and without breaks.

Should anyone wish to have a custom edit of any particular piece, shoot me a pm/email and I’ll see what I can do.

Since this show is only intended for selling U.S. Savings Bonds, and in compliance with restrictions listed below, “Buy U.S. Savings Bonds!”

http://rapidshare.com/files/31813417..._Jack_Webb.zip

I’ll let the LP label explain the rest:

Treasury Department – U.S. Savings Bonds Division
Long Playing - Radio Recording
E.T. Announcements Included –
Announcer Ends 24:00 – Theme Ends – 24:30

Gust Star
No. 12
Show of the Month
Special Christmas Program
featuring The Air Force Academy Cadet Choir, Director – James Roger Boyd
Host – Jack Web.

Property of the U.S. Treasury Department
This transcription is to be used only for the promotion of U.S. Savings Bonds. Use or reproduction for private or commercial purposes in whole or part is prohibited.

(Running along the outer circle) –
Micro Groove – This Recording Contains Only Music And The Copyrighted Material That May Be Performed In The U.S. Without Further License.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 928 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award