Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Maman Noel » First Prepwork Day Review

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
How to Properly Light...
By MMC Editor
08-29-2011 02:10 AM
0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2005
By MMC Editor
06-11-2005 11:02 PM
39,251 Views  0 Posts
santahat Shoppers: They're...
By MMC Editor
11-23-2011 09:47 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
01-07-2012 02:02 PM
90,372 Views  2 Posts
Bells The REAL First Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:34 PM
0 Posts
Making Christmas Gift...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:01 PM
44,935 Views  0 Posts
Join me as I fulfill my New Year's Resolution to prepare for Christmas 2009 "all through the year!"

Keep me honest, Christmas lovers!
Rate this Entry

First Prepwork Day Review

Submit "First Prepwork Day Review" to Digg Submit "First Prepwork Day Review" to del.icio.us Submit "First Prepwork Day Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "First Prepwork Day Review" to Google
Posted 01-16-2010 at 07:40 PM by Sapsorrow

First the good: not a complete disaster!

Now, the reality: it was a wash prep-wise. I'm the mother of a newborn nursling and a healthy three year old, and full year to plan or not, I'm being a bit too ambitious. I now know that extensive crafting and sewing is right out of the question. No problem, I'd rather postpone crafts to next year than give up on the great cookie baking this year.

I didn't get the Christmas chest set up, and I didn't complete my Christmas shopping (for remaining perennial items like lights, decor, and stands). Instead, I ran into trouble with the other holidays, like overbuying for Easter gifts. No worries, the extra purchases fit right in with the gift plan for Christmas, so into the gift closet and marked off my list. I also failed to collect cookie and dinner party recipes, even look at patterns, or make plans. Mostly I price shopped and mused about what the holidays mean to me. Consequently, I'm assigning myself a make up prepwork day next Saturday, if the little ones cooperate.

What did I accomplish today? My husband's birthday gifts, a Christmas gift for the youngest, and the holy grail in tree lights: two 25 flame flicker, 6' long string lights! They were $19 each, a steal considering that one 7 light, 7' set was $15. Why so cheap? Because they were Halloween string lights. Even if the cord is black, I can live with that. I even looked into flicker bulbs to see if I could get a regular string set and use them instead, but no luck. Well, those lights and a dyed bead garland is good by me for decoration, though it may be junk mail paper chain garlands this year.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 443 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award