Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Maman Noel » Timely Thoughts on Gifts

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,459
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
stocking Top Videos of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
01-23-2013 08:20 AM
34,928 Views  0 Posts
What makes reindeer fly?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:48 PM
47,780 Views  0 Posts
A Miraculous Movie
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:02 PM
53,927 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:35 PM
48,146 Views  0 Posts
How to Organize Your...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:53 PM
Last post by One Spoiled Brat
07-17-2011 06:48 PM
48,622 Views  2 Posts
Join me as I fulfill my New Year's Resolution to prepare for Christmas 2009 "all through the year!"

Keep me honest, Christmas lovers!
Rate this Entry

Timely Thoughts on Gifts

Submit "Timely Thoughts on Gifts" to Digg Submit "Timely Thoughts on Gifts" to del.icio.us Submit "Timely Thoughts on Gifts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Timely Thoughts on Gifts" to Google
Posted 01-18-2010 at 01:22 PM by Sapsorrow

While I hadn't intended to walk about with Christmas on my mind until my remedial prepwork day on Saturday, I ended up cleaning out the gift closet some last night and its been Yule on the brain ever since. Today I completed the design on five custom photobooks and ordered them, along with a slew of regular prints. Four of the books will end up under Christmas trees in shortstacks of similar books tied up with satin ribbon and tucked into a book tote. These kinds of gifts seem to turn the women in my family inside out for joy. Similar items, such as prose books of family history, do it for the men. Both take effort on my part and need lead time for vetting and printing, but otherwise they're quite affordable gifts. As far as I'm concerned, NOTHING says Christmas like such tailored gifts, so it's not surprising that I have a slew of them to do:

1. "Sisters" Photobook - The one I just completed.
2. Eldest Daughter's Years 1-3 Photobooks - Already done, but now copies have been requested by several relatives.
3. 2010 Christmas Short Story - A little handbound thing I'm sending in my Christmas cards, the notes are already down.
4. Folk Art Push/Pull Toy - A reasonably priced custom order I'm negotiating with an Etsy artist.
5. Rainbow Wood Box Stacker - Ditto, a replacement for all the demolished cardboard ones.
6. Heritage Cookbook - Throughout the year I am vetting recipes to compose a cookbook compiling family recipes, lost family recipes (reconstructed from similar regional dishes), and notes on foodways. Will be self-published. I have three of the notes sections done, several soups and four or five entrees. This is definitely my favorite project.
7. Genealogy Research and Art Family Trees - Gifts for friends, and essentially free for me to do. I'm doing the research for them, and my husband is doing the digital artwork for a family tree compiling that research.

I suspect there will be a lot of food gifts as well because we are making tons of top notch ingredients for the recipe testing and might as well make more scented sugars, fleur de sel, waters, and extracts to share.

What this all means is that we must start sooner rather than later if we hope to get these gifts done in time. They're definitely gifts of love and heartfelt, but they also take time.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 897 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    o.k. I want to be you when I grow up! :)

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award