Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Maman Noel » What does it mean to prepare all through the year?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,462
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Once Upon a Foggy...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:05 PM
50,070 Views  0 Posts
My Dog Sam
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
01-26-2014 03:12 PM
46,723 Views  1 Posts
Christmas Tree The Christmas Tree Ship
By MMC Editor
01-03-2013 03:15 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-17-2013 02:30 PM
39,075 Views  1 Posts
Santa Speaks 2002
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 10:57 PM
35,695 Views  0 Posts
The Christmas Spider
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:55 PM
47,750 Views  0 Posts
Join me as I fulfill my New Year's Resolution to prepare for Christmas 2009 "all through the year!"

Keep me honest, Christmas lovers!
Rate this Entry

What does it mean to prepare all through the year?

Submit "What does it mean to prepare all through the year?" to Digg Submit "What does it mean to prepare all through the year?" to del.icio.us Submit "What does it mean to prepare all through the year?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What does it mean to prepare all through the year?" to Google
Posted 01-23-2010 at 12:07 PM by Sapsorrow

You know what? Even if your Yuletide season lasts from December 6th to January 6th, there's still not that much to plan! This end of the year I'm stumped for what to do besides getting some gifts, perennial Christmas supplies, and collecting recipes. Lord knows, I'm not going to plan schedules and menus without knowing when the parades, festival of the trees and so on are even happening!

I have cards, address labels, and gift tags, a strand of string lights, cloth bags for wrapping, our temporary stockings, totes for wrapping, a book of carols, a bundle of stocking stuffers for the girls, and two of their gifts (both books). That's more prepared than we've ever been, but I don't feel very prepared at all! In my mind I'm thinking: tree stand, strings of lights, garlands, ornaments, more gifts, etc. I'm a little bit fretful about having no creche or advent calendar.

This really isn't how I wanted to approach Christmas in 2010. Actually, this is just about exactly what I wanted to avoid! Yes, I want gifts under the tree and in the stockings, but I wanted more joy, more of the Christmas spirit. I certainly don't want to burn out on Christmas now that I've finally rediscovered it, and I don't want to stress the children.

Therefore, before we even get out of the first month of planning, I have settled on a new approach: my monthly "work" days I'm going to put on a Christmas album, read some of my favorite Christmas stories, journal about Christmas, and aim for a cup of tea and a cookie. This end of the year I'm going to write a list of the year-after-year items that we don't have (tree stand, garlands, string lights, ornaments, nativity, and advent calender), then collect those. I'm going to buy some gifts each month, because that's a function of our seasonal business and if I didn't do that there'd be nothing under the tree. Recipes, menu planning, and things like that can't happen until six months ahead of time, no sooner.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 900 Comments 0
« Writer's Blog     Main     Drive By Blogging »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award