Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Music, Family, and Ebay

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,554)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Christmas Pickle
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:10 PM
51,470 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in July: A...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:26 AM
Last post by jimmyolsen
09-02-2011 09:32 PM
1 Posts
My Dog Sam
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
01-26-2014 03:12 PM
46,612 Views  1 Posts
What will I get for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
0 Posts
santahat Shoppers: They're...
By MMC Editor
11-23-2011 09:47 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
01-07-2012 02:02 PM
90,334 Views  2 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Music, Family, and Ebay

Submit "Music, Family, and Ebay" to Digg Submit "Music, Family, and Ebay" to del.icio.us Submit "Music, Family, and Ebay" to StumbleUpon Submit "Music, Family, and Ebay" to Google
Posted 03-12-2010 at 12:26 PM by xmas365

If you happen to have read my posts on some of the games and music threads you may have asked yourself "Who is the Move?" If you live across the Atlantic you probably know, but they just were never that famous over here, they had a cult following, and later performed as the Move and ELO at the same time phasing out the Move after contractual obligations were met. They existed as the Move from 1966-1972.
As I was finishing high school I truly did not have a musical identity. I grew up in the 80's but I avoided 80's music even during the decade, I liked some of it but at age 11-13, I found myself listening to the oldies station more and more. As a kid in middle school it was difficult to admit I liked oldies, specifically the Monkees, due to the fact Mtv showed them nonstop in 1986. In fact my cousin and I wanted to be Monkees for Halloween that year. After graduating high school, I had grown out of the Monkees phase years before and was listening to Classic rock, and I heard Beatles music and I found it to MY music in college I started getting all their releases on CD, until I had them all (commercial releases) and even for a few years bought a number of bootleg CD's (great stuff on those.) I started to listen to groups inspired by the Beatles, and I came across Electric Light Orchestra, and I liked them but I had read things about them and the group The Move, so I started looking around for some of their stuff, and I was 23 at the time I didn't have a computer or internet at that time, so it was hard to find that music. I worked for a Video retail business at that time and we were able to special order CD's and VHS, I was doing a special order and I asked if they had anything by that group and they did so I ordered it, wasn't impressed by it but listened a few more times and it clicked especially when I read that the main song writer Roy Wood was very much like myself, a shy young man, who never did drugs, but was very creative. The Move music came into my life basically around the same time my wife did, hence starting the new chapter in my life.

I spoke to my aunt last night and she gave me some news about my grandparents, they both at the same time are suffering from cases of skin cancer, my grandfather has been battling it for 5 years now and they believe they are going to have to amputate above the ankle, but his lymph nodes are testing not normal, so if they amputate it may just reoccur, and they are also worried about it because he is in his late 80's.
My grandmother has it on her arm and had a portion taken out of her arm that looks like a shark bite due to the skin graft, and it is still testing for cancer and if they go any deeper she may lose use of her hand. This all coming in a week as I talked about in my previous blog.

On a good note in the last few weeks, I have bought 3 Christmas movies from Ebay, Stalking Santa, Fred Claus, Ed Sullivan's Classic Christmas. I didn't spend more than $4 on any of them, and that is with shipping, and 2 of them are brand new. I haven't seen Fred Claus but when you can buy it cheaper than renting I'll do that w/o thinking twice.

Thank you for reading this long post, I sort of ran on for awhile.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 684 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Ron, thank you for sharing. It was not too long at all.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award