Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Adam » The Spirit Inside

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 53,988
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, K1081
Rate this Entry

The Spirit Inside

Submit "The Spirit Inside" to Digg Submit "The Spirit Inside" to del.icio.us Submit "The Spirit Inside" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Spirit Inside" to Google
Posted 06-19-2010 at 12:01 AM by Adam

I am not even sure how to describe my Christmas feelings....to myself....let alone anyone else.

People have asked me why I listen to Christmas music year round, or think I am totally nuts for doing so.

People wonder why Christmas or Holidays mean so much to me. I am going to attempt to explain the reasons why.

Why holidays.....what holidays you ask? Well I love Halloween and Christmas the most. But we are talking Christmas here. I will sure try to tell all of you why I love it so.

Thoughts of Christmas bring me back to a time of pure happiness. A season of warmth, of goodies like the Christmas Tree, cookies, the smell of pine, the warm fire. These things warm my heart beyond anything I can imagine. For example, each time I hear Charlie Brown Christmas songs like "O Tannenbaum," tears fill my eyes with an overwhelming sense of joy.....of love...of simplicity. A simple song can invoke Christmas bliss, but also innocence, love, happiness. It reminds me of the spirit we all have inside. The spirit of happiness, love, warmth, giving, that Santa exists.

I often remember believing that Santa is out there in his cold icey existence, warm by the fire, prepping all his plans. That he would bring my hearts desire, that one special thing I wanted so badly. I will never forget when my Grandpa and Grandma came to my house one night during the holidays. My grandpa dressed as Santa....it is truly one of my favorite memories. He brought these beautiful ornaments for us all. One particular thing stands out, a snowglobe that is forever in my mind. You see, my grandma passed away a few years later and that snowglobe is similar to the one in the movie "The Santa Clause." When I shake it, it reminds me of that magical time. I can't help but picture myself in the snowglobe, with Christmas all around and the snow falling.

Snow is another thing that I love so much. I often get very taken back by the sight of snow. I think it's so beautiful and embodies the spirit of Christmas. I often ask Santa for snow every year, but it has been many years since it has snowed. I plan to visit the snow this holiday season and am looking forward to that.

But what is it about Christmas?! Is it the tree? The twinkle of the lights? The smell of hot chocolate? The gifts??? No.....where all these things are great, it's the spirit. The spirit inside of all of us. The other things just aid to increase our Holiday spirit.

So when people ask "What is it? I don't understand!" Perhaps it's because they lost something along the way (like what it was to be a child or to believe in Santa). Perhaps they only find the spirit when Christmas is near and "off season" Christmas celebration is just crazy! Well maybe it is! But what I ask you, is so crazy about wanting to tap into those happy and wonderful feelings whenever you want? Nothing, absolutely nothing! I think people forget that it is often said "you carry the spirit of Christmas with you always." Or "try to carry the spirit in your heart all year," that is exactly what all of us do here!

We carry the spirit inside...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 808 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award