Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » From Thomas to Transformers...Why do they grow up so fast?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

From Thomas to Transformers...Why do they grow up so fast?

Submit "From Thomas to Transformers...Why do they grow up so fast?" to Digg Submit "From Thomas to Transformers...Why do they grow up so fast?" to del.icio.us Submit "From Thomas to Transformers...Why do they grow up so fast?" to StumbleUpon Submit "From Thomas to Transformers...Why do they grow up so fast?" to Google
Posted 06-21-2010 at 10:26 PM by xmas365

I sit here tonight just thinking about my boys and how fast they are growing up. Of course if you have read some of my posts or checked my profile, you know my boys are ages 5 & 2. I see my boys and think back to when they were first born, how helpless these little guys were, and especially after my first son first came home how scared my wife and I were, because we didn't have a nurse coming in to check on him, and we were the ones responsible for all things pertaining to him. Talk about learning on the fly. We did it and are doing it everyday still. Today was my older sons last day of pre-school with only a summer in between him and kindergarten, he is playing Tee-ball and remembering his Grammy's phone number, counting to 100 and reading and writing a little bit. I cannot believe how fast it has been, I remember his first steps, first words, his first night in his toddler bed, and the next morning him getting out and coming to our room and him saying "I get out" with a huge smile on his face. That brings me to my little guy, just two months ago we put him in his own room with his little toddler bed, and today we took the toddler bed out and put a twin bed (big boy bed) in its place. The mattress was getting old because both boys used it and he could feel the springs, so instead of replacing the mattress we had a twin bed waiting and tonight is his first night in it. He wasn't speaking more than 3 words 6 months ago and now he is speaking in small sentences and potty training, we broke him of his binky habit only 2-3 months ago. He is more immature at this age than his brother was, but he is our clown, and is always smiling. I sometimes selfishly wish they can stay this age all the time, I love them and my wife more than anything and the future is bright for all of us. I am a lucky man for what I have.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 526 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You are great at writing blogs! Very touching. Whenever I get overwhelmed or am having a bad day with my 2 Boys I try to think of how fast they grow. Crazy isnt it? I guess we should enjoy it while they are young! My 3 1/2 year old is so sweet I do wish he could stay this age for at least a few years =0)...my 10 month old is quite a handful..wants to be held all of the time and I feel like I get nothing done around the house but I know one day he will want to run and play with his friends and not want much to do with me. With that Im going to go cuddle with my Boys =0)

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award