Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Faith4always » This time of year

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Name that Carol
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:34 PM
0 Posts
Up in Flames
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:26 PM
47,940 Views  0 Posts
Candlemas
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:26 PM
52,566 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,224 Views  1 Posts
That's How You Eat Gravy
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:42 PM
46,093 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

This time of year

Submit "This time of year" to Digg Submit "This time of year" to del.icio.us Submit "This time of year" to StumbleUpon Submit "This time of year" to Google
Posted 08-24-2010 at 12:00 AM by Faith4always

This time of year always gets me to thinking about Christmas! I absolutely love Christmas. It never lasts long enough for me. That's one reason why I enjoy MMC so much. I can have Christmas year round and not look foolish!! haha

Here it is, August. Almost to the very end of August. September 1st, I will put out my fall decorations. I have a lovely fall wreath I made myself, along with another fall wreath I purchased, along with fall leaves and garlands. I hope to get pumpkins too. These decorations will stay up until at least until Thanksgiving. We will add to our porch a jackolantern for Halloween..probably the week before the actual day. They get mushyif you leave them up too long. Wanna ask me how I know?? Let's just say that experience is a good teacher!! hahaha

Then, in November, we will put out our Thanksgiving decorations. I have a cute little turkey and a few of Nathan's (who is currently 4 years old) his little crafts we've made through the years with him on display. Leave all that up until Thanksgiving Day.

Then. It. Happens. On Thanksgiving Day or the day after, we put up our CHRISTMAS TREE!!! A very exciting time for our family!! We all get in on the merry making and decorating. I cherish this time immensely. I love to sit by the glow of the Christmas tree lights at night. Especially if the house is quiet and all are sleeping and it's just me. Oh the solitude. Especially if I have a steaming Christmas mug full of Irish Creme or English Toffee cappucino. sigh.

Right now...I'm saying - BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1130 Comments 3
« Christmas!     Main     A little hand »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    It sounds like someone is excited!!! Thank you...that was very uplifting!
    Posted 08-24-2010 at 04:49 AM by ChristmasHeart ChristmasHeart is offline
  2. Old Comment
    I'm with you Faith.....Bring it on....Never too early for Christmas.....
    Posted 08-24-2010 at 06:34 PM by One Spoiled Brat One Spoiled Brat is offline
  3. Old Comment
    Bring it on is right. This time of the year is when the excitement really starts to build, I love the family time of decorating for Autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving also. My older son loves decorating for the holidays, and he has his own ideas of where to put things all the time.
    Thank you for sharing!

Ron

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award