Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Falling off the Christmas Bandwagon

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why the Big Guy is a Big...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:10 PM
0 Posts
Anna Claus
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:15 PM
76,242 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
33,998 Views  0 Posts
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
51,958 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,417 Views  0 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Falling off the Christmas Bandwagon

Submit "Falling off the Christmas Bandwagon" to Digg Submit "Falling off the Christmas Bandwagon" to del.icio.us Submit "Falling off the Christmas Bandwagon" to StumbleUpon Submit "Falling off the Christmas Bandwagon" to Google
Posted 10-12-2010 at 09:15 AM by xmas365

I feel as if I have fallen off the "Christmas Bandwagon" over the last few days with the way things are going on in my professional life right now. I am the type of person who once I leave work I forget about it for the most part, and leave it behind. The way things are going right now I am struggling, everyones hours are being cut and we are doing the work of 3-4 people including what we are suppose to be doing, my hours are all over the place and I only get 2 days off in a row if I request for it. The former manager was fired after 18 years, and the new one is a person I worked with years ago whom I felt never really liked me, and for the most part I get along with everybody. The fear of layoffs is in the air, even though they are just false rumors people still have that fear. Right now I am having a hard time looking forward to the holidays not knowing my situation, will I have the vacation time, or will I not. I talked about it back in the spring with a former manager, but it was not approved in the system and with the "regime change" I will not know until I am able to talk with my new manager about it. I will probably feel better and be able to hop back onto the Christmas Bandwagon at that point, but right now I just am not feeling it. I have yet to get my outdoor lights up for Halloween, and my poor little JP is so disappointed by that. He tells me Halloween is his favorite holiday all the time, and I just can't get the motivation to put the stuff up. I hope my spirits get lifted in the next few days or weeks, because we are really entering the homestretch, and I am the one my whole family looks to, to get all the decorating done, and I will have a lot to do.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 990 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment

From the situation you've described, it makes sense you'd feel bummed.

At the moment, all you can do is care of yourself and your family. Do what you can to raise your spirits. And count your blessings, because even with your job situation being what it is, if you have a family, you are blessed.

Don't write off your entire holiday season because of how you feel at the moment.

Maybe you scale back. Maybe the gifts are more modest, and the decorations more understated, because that's where you are.

It doesn't change anything. You know that Christmas is about love. It's about Christ's love for you, your love for Him, and for your love for your family.

When the time comes, you'll feel that. And you'll be back on the bandwagon again.

It's easy to stare at your problems, until that dark spot takes up our entire field of view. Step back a bit. Look at all those wonderful things in your life outside work.

Either your job will improve, and you'll be happy with your work, or you'll leave and find something new, where you'll be happy with your work.

Either way, you will be happy again.

The interesting thing about people who believe in Christmas, when they need their Christmas Spirit most, they don't have to go looking for it.

It finds them.

Yours will find you, because you want it to.

Hang in there...
  2. Old Comment
    Great comment, jimmyolsen!! You can get back on that bandwagon, xmas365. Just Do It!!! Pretty soon, you WILL start feeling better! Listen to MCR. That will definitely get you in the spirit.

Cherylle in CA
  3. Old Comment
    This sounds all too familiar to me. I was there, just months ago.

The anxiety, the pressure and the not knowing were just so intense.

When it finally happened to me, I was relieved. That's weird to say -- that losing your job and your stability and your security and all means the end of the world.

At least that was what I felt on May 6th. On the morning of May 7th, I discovered something I didn't expect.

Now that it had finally happened I was back in control. Gone with that job were all the pressures of it: the weird politics, the unspoken tension, the inevitable ongoing business losses -- it was all gone and all I had in front of me was opportunity.

It was quite liberating for me, Ron. Where one door closes another opens. I learned I likely should have left six months or more before they canned me -- so I could have gone on with the rest of my life.

I'm not making the money I once was. I've taken tremendous risks. And I'm having the time of my life now, working harder than I think I ever have.

Christmas, I think, is exempted from the world of worry. It is the only thing through out the year that I really ever stop for -- and DO. It is that important.

You're that type of guy. You get that.

You'll be back, I'm sure of it.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award