Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » The Return of The Worry Wart Kid

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Puritan Humbugs and a...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:21 PM
58,009 Views  0 Posts
Santa: To Be or Not to Be
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:30 PM
51,068 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
33,990 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,414 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 The Bog Ruby...
By Meceka
08-20-2011 10:33 AM
Last post by ibelieveinchristmas
10-11-2011 10:05 AM
1 Posts
Rate this Entry

The Return of The Worry Wart Kid

Submit "The Return of The Worry Wart Kid" to Digg Submit "The Return of The Worry Wart Kid" to del.icio.us Submit "The Return of The Worry Wart Kid" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Return of The Worry Wart Kid" to Google
Posted 11-10-2010 at 07:19 PM by caninemom3
Tags wart, worry

I am so tired. I wish I could just go to sleep. To rest, what a concept !! No matter how much sleep I get I never seem to feel rested. A lot of it is because I just cannot seem to clear my mind (what little mind I have left after being a young person in the 1960s !!).

There are so many things/situations going on that I do not know the outcomes of which are making me very, very tense.

First, my stepson, DJ, has finished his chemo and went for his followup PET scan yesterday. He will not know the results until next week.

What will they be ?? Did the chemo obliterate the Hodgkin's ? Was there only a partial response ?? What if there was no response at all and it is refractory ?? If it did respond will it come back ??

I worry about so many things. I know that worry is not constructive and is not conducive toward a favorable outcome. It is just the way I am.

I worry constantly about my sister. She is 66 and although she is very healthy I still worry about her. I cannot be here without her. That just will not work. Now, nobody says that I will be without her but I still worry. She is all I have left as far as my family of origin. If there is mercy I will never be without her, ever.

My furchildren. Four of them are old, 2 of my canines and 2 of my felines. My 2 elder felines have not been doing well. First Gobling, my 15 year old black cat, was really really sick but we got him turned around for the time being. He takes a drug called prednisolone which is like prednisone because he seems to have some sort of inflammatory process going on. Then there is my Punkin', my other elder feline. A few weeks ago I found out she had a liver problem. The doctor told me that this happens from time to time. He told me that
Punkin' had a sort of blockage of biliary sludge and that she needed to be admitted to the hospital for IV fluids and he stated that treatment should do the trick. We take Punkin' in tomorrow for a followup blood draw. Specifically a recheck of her liver enzymes. What if they are still elevated ? Does that mean it is time for ........?? I also worry about what might happen to my beloved furchildren should something happen to me. Yes, my husband would take care of them but not the way I do. He yells a lot and often at them except of course, when I step in. I am not a big person but anyone messes with my furchildren and they are going to draw back a stub or be short of a lung and believe me, he has learned that. But if I were no longer here ?? It makes me tear up to think of it.

My job. I know we all worry about our jobs. Being that I have worked at home the last 3 years and I am a transcriptionist what would I do if I lost my job ?? My husband is retired and seems to not have a care in the world as far as even trying to get another job (which he promised he would do) and no interest in making or trying to make plans for me to be able to quit someday. I am not a Spring chicken any longer. Am I going to be able to keep working as long as I need to ?? If so, am I going to have my job ??

I am always and constantly worried about money. We have no savings, live from pay to pay and though that is dangerous for younger people, it has to be even more so for people of our ages. This is the time in life when we are supposed to have saved money in a "nest egg". No nest egg here. It seems to have flown the coop.

I realize a lot of this is anxiety. I have tried many medications in my life for anxiety and have been unsuccessful in finding one which alleviates my problem to any degree.

I believe there is a saying which goes something like this: "You can ruing your todays by worrying about your tomorrows". How do I stop "ruining my tomorrows" ? I have not one inkling of a clue.

Believing in God as I do, I should be able to just turn it all over to Him and let it go. No. Not me. I keep taking it all back to worry about.

There is something that actually does help. At least temporarily. That is Christmas and this wonderful, miraculous site. Right now I have Music Choice on the all Christmas station. Hearing the time worn carols by the various artists is so soothing, so reassuring. When I come to MMC it actually is like coming to a different world. I don't worry while I am here. At least not as much. I believe the spirit of Christmas is truly here in and around this site.

Through all of this I know God hears me. I need to hear Him though I have a feeling He is speaking loud and clear. It is probably just me who needs to listen a little more closely.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 892 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Back in 1986, the success rate for treating Hodgkin's disease was 75%. It must be even higher today, so take heart---the odds are very much in DJ's favor.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award