Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » A Christmas Reunion

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,956
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, hardiholpus
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Rate this Entry

A Christmas Reunion

Submit "A Christmas Reunion" to Digg Submit "A Christmas Reunion" to del.icio.us Submit "A Christmas Reunion" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Christmas Reunion" to Google
Posted 11-22-2010 at 02:32 PM by Jeff Westover

I've got to be the luckiest man alive to have the contacts I do at the North Pole. Every year around this time I hear from Santa, Elf Ernest, Elf Ed Zachary and others from the North Pole as preparations are made to once again track Santa.

You know the traditions we have in tracking Santa but still I get excited every year when that phone rings and we start talking about plans for the days leading up to Christmas. They really are exceptional people and I'm not saying that because I want Santa to stuff my stocking with something special this year.

Folks think that I play Santa here or that I am Elf Ernest or that I am the extremely brilliant Elf Ed Zachary.

(Oh, how I wish. Elf Ed Zachary receives at least one or two marriage proposals a year, that's how awesome this elf is).

But when we get together to talk about what's new I get excited for Christmas like nothing else. The email from kids starts to really roll in once these guys get going and it is a particular joy in my life.

Now, not every email is joyous.

But most are and it is a privilege to witness and be a part of.

One of these days I'm going to be present at the North Pole when Santa makes his entry at the end of his round the world trek. I want to be part of that party. I've read so much about it over the years and can never make it. But I have the invite framed here in my office. One day, I'm going to do it.

For now, though, I'll have to be one of the contented millions who read the updates and relish the idea of Santa coming.
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award