Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » As We Approach Christmas

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in the South...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:15 PM
46,060 Views  0 Posts
The Story of Black Peter
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:49 PM
Last post by Angioni
09-16-2012 09:19 AM
1 Posts
The Year Santa Was...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:33 PM
54,398 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 The Christmas Legend of...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2012 02:18 PM
37,837 Views  0 Posts
"Lill's Travels in Santa...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 08:48 AM
59,482 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

As We Approach Christmas

Submit "As We Approach Christmas" to Digg Submit "As We Approach Christmas" to del.icio.us Submit "As We Approach Christmas" to StumbleUpon Submit "As We Approach Christmas" to Google
Posted 11-25-2010 at 06:47 PM by caninemom3
Tags god, mary

Tonight is Thanksgiving. I cannot even begin to count all the blessings I have in my life. I think of all the people here in our country and other countries who have nothing. I mean absolutely nothing. And here I am. I never want for food or warmth or any of the creature comforts that every human being and yes even "animals" should have a right to. It is not because of anything I did or do that I have all these blessings. I believe they are all a gift from God, our Father.

Now that we are approaching Christmas I think about Mary and Joseph and the way they found their way into history.

What was it like for them to become the caretakers on Earth of the Messiah ?? Did they see him as the Messiah ?? or just their baby ?? I wonder....

I used to think of them as I would see them in paintings or depicted in the movies of my youth, always holy and always devout. Never doubting or getting angry. In short I did not see them as human, which they most definitely were.

The bible does not tell us much about them really. I have come to believe through different books and articles I have read that Mary and Joseph were very, very poor and that Mary was a very young girl. We know that Joseph was probably a carpenter but we do not know much more.

One thing is for sure. They had to have been very good people. I often wonder. Was Mary scared ?? How could anyone fathom the news that they were going to be the mother of the Savior of mankind ?? And what about childbirth. Was Mary scared of the pain that would entail ?? And what would Joseph say about the whole "announcement by an angel" thing ??

I am sure she must have been overwhelmed. No matter. She knew that God needed her to do something very special for Him and that is all that mattered to her.

Joseph I think was the same. A carpenter who wanted Mary to be his wife. Was he afraid too ?? Maybe afraid of what people would say about Mary's pregnancy when they could most certainly figure out he was not the biological father ?? Again as with Mary, he knew God needed him and any thought for himself or his feelings or worries were superceded by what his heavenly father needed.

I wish I could have met them when they were in their "earthly" form. I believe they just did what they thought was right and and did not believe they were any different than or better than anyone else.

Perhaps if I could have spent time with them I would have learned how to be more like them. To think more of what God wants than what I want.

The world is so ME ME ME these days. Each year as I get older the people of the world seem to get worse and more self-centered.

I watch The Nativity Story which was a movie from just a few years ago often at this time of the year. It inspires me to at least try and put God ahead of anything else and it also helps me to realize that though Mary and Joseph may have been poor monetarily they were billionaires as far as spiriatual wealth.

As a Catholic I talk to Mary quite often. She is NOT god, but she IS Jesus' mother. I have felt her presence and I get the sense that though she is the eternal mother of God she is still humble, still poor of spirit and I always ask that she remember me to her Son. Someday, after visiting her Son, I hope I have the chance to talk with her and to thank her for accepting what was being asked of her so long ago by that heavenly messenger.
« Perplexed     Main     Surviving Bullying »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award