Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » "You May Say That I'm a Dreamer..."

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

"You May Say That I'm a Dreamer..."

Submit ""You May Say That I'm a Dreamer..."" to Digg Submit ""You May Say That I'm a Dreamer..."" to del.icio.us Submit ""You May Say That I'm a Dreamer..."" to StumbleUpon Submit ""You May Say That I'm a Dreamer..."" to Google
Posted 12-08-2010 at 07:42 AM by xmas365

I wasn't planning on doing a second blog post today, but I feel compelled to do another with today being the 30th anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon. I was only 5 years old when it happened and I, at the time, had no clue who he was, but I do remember my father being upset about it. I would not become a fan of the Beatles until I was 18 years old, and I was just amazed by their music, but as I learned about each Beatle, I became most interested in the life of John Lennon, he like myself lost his mother at age 16, I felt I could relate to him in that way. He was a very witty, intelligent man, who stood up for what he believed, something I still need to work on. I loved his music especially the Beatles music, while most of his solo stuff was less than stellar, Imagine always sticks in my mind, and is one of my favorites. John Lennon was taken from this world to early by a crazed man, and sometimes I think what contributions he could have made in music, and or the world if he had lived, after all he was a dreamer. A dreamer who influenced countless musicians and human beings, and just wanted to make this world a better place. RIP John Lennon the world still needs more dreamers like you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 708 Comments 1
« Santa Claus & Me     Main     The Santa Hat »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I LOVE The Beatles and it's a tragic loss to lose such a talented man to some crazed idiot!

You are right about John having an interesting past and even interesting life on up to his death. I have seen many documentary's about The Beatles and own the Beatles Anthology on dvd.
    Posted 12-10-2010 at 11:42 AM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award