Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Why I Need Christmas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,125
Threads: 54,224
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, AMcLoud
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Why I Need Christmas

Submit "Why I Need Christmas" to Digg Submit "Why I Need Christmas" to del.icio.us Submit "Why I Need Christmas" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why I Need Christmas" to Google
Posted 12-27-2010 at 03:06 PM by xmas365

This past Saturday was the day most of us look forward to more than any other, as usual, it was the best Christmas ever. Just watching my boys faces as they open their new toys makes it all worth it, the sense of wonderment, the enjoyment, the surprise of their little sugarplum filled dreams come true. The whole season is just filled with the most wonderful feeling, next to love, it is the most wonderful feeling. I feel more joy filled, more outgoing especially when I wear my Santa Claus hat, and the smile that crosses my face almost non-stop from December lets say 20th knowing my favorite day of the year is just about here. I know I can say I love Christmas, and everything that comes with that day. Why is it that a day can bring those feelings out in us Christmas-philes? As usual with the season, they release all those polls and findings like How much would all the gifts from the 12 Days of Christmas cost, and such, but the one that I found the most shocking was now 9 in 10 Americans celebrate Christmas in one way or another, which includes our Jewish friends, atheist friends, and some in each other religions I am sure. This feeling now crosses religious borders, it is truly an awe inspiring feeling. I have said before I am not a very religious person, yet I do believe in Jesus and God and always have, my celebration hinges on the more secular side but that will probably change as the kids get older because I want them to know of religion, they will just steal pieces of our Manger as JP did the first time we put it out when he was 3. The Christmas feeling makes an appearance when ever it snows, a favorite sitcom in reruns has that Christmas episode on in March. A look at the clock when it says 12:25. There have been countless songs that mention the feeling, so I know I or we are not alone in the feeling.
Is it a season of perpetual hope? Is it just our minds that are just programmed for that feeling of December 25? I may never know nor do I want to know, in my opinion there is a higher power that makes us feel that warmness that everyone should feel be it for Christmas or something else, but for us it revolves around Christmas. It is a feeling I don't feel I could live without, as I have said this year dozens to maybe hundreds of times: Merry Christmas!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 813 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    And Merry Christmas to an amazing Christmas fan who always conveys feelings so well that I FEEL them. I agree with you Ron. I can't live without that feeling either. If I may quote A Christmas Carol..."But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!'" May God bless you, Ron for bringing the feeling of Christmas with you to your blogs and in all things.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award