Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » The Tragedy In Arizona

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,472
Top Poster: xmas365 (151,038)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat Light on a Snowy Day
By MMC Editor
11-07-2011 07:41 AM
0 Posts
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,523 Views  0 Posts
Nothing
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:18 PM
52,166 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity: The Story...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:42 PM
81,119 Views  0 Posts
Dear Santa: Say a Prayer
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:37 PM
Last post by Christmasstar
07-11-2011 05:27 PM
1 Posts
Rate this Entry

The Tragedy In Arizona

Submit "The Tragedy In Arizona" to Digg Submit "The Tragedy In Arizona" to del.icio.us Submit "The Tragedy In Arizona" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Tragedy In Arizona" to Google
Posted 01-10-2011 at 05:57 AM by caninemom3

I don't understand it. We as a species, people, humans, never seem to learn. We have repeated the same horrible mistakes over and over again. This past weekend, as all probably know, there was a tragic event in Arizona where a disturbed young man started firing a gun. Some people were killed, including an innocent 9-year-old girl and a judge. A public servant was also critically injured.

And what do we do as a species, this human race ?? We start POINTING FINGERS ! This, as well as any other time, IS NOT THE TIME FOR IT. Why do we always want to blame the other guy ?? In my opinion, ALL POLITICAL PARTIES ARE GUILTY OF RHETORIC THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN. Did this rhetoric cause the tragic event to happen ? I don't know. That is where some of the finger pointing starts. I will not point fingers. As a nation, we need to PULL TOGETHER especially in a time like this. Republicans, Democrats, Tea Party, Independents and ALL NEED TO STEP BACK and STOP THE CHILDISH NAME CALLING !!!!! THIS IS NOT JUNIOR HIGH !!

If we do not learn from our mistakes, they will just keep happening. Hatred of one political party or of any individual is WRONG, plain and simple. We need to stop acting like children and GROW UP. Pointing fingers in a situation like this only dishonors those who are lost and their families.

We should be working together to STOP THE VIOLENCE in this country. If we do not, then we are doomed to more events like the one which just happened. May God have mercy on us all.

I offer below the best advice possible regarding situations like the one in Arizona and beyond:

Matthew 5:43-48[INDENT]You have learned that they were told, “Love your neighbor, hate your enemy.” But what I tell you is this: Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so can you be children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun shine on good and bad alike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest. If you love only those who love you, what reward can you expect? Surely the tax-gatherers do as much as that. And if you greet only your brothers, what is there extraordinary about that? Even the heathen do as much. There must be no limit to your goodness, as your heavenly Father’s goodness knows no bounds.
[/INDENT]Matthew 5:38-42[INDENT]You have learned that they were told, “Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.” But what I tell you is this: Do not set yourself against the man who wrongs you. If someone slaps you on the right cheek, turn and offer him your left. If a man wants to sue you for your shirt, let him have your coat as well. If a man in authority makes you go one mile, go with him two. Give when you are asked to give; and do not turn your back on a man who wants to borrow.
[/INDENT]Luke 6:27-36

Love your enemies; do good to those who hate you; bless those who curse you; pray for those who treat you spitefully. When a man hits you on the cheek, offer him the other cheek too; when a man takes your coat, let him have your shirt as well. Give to everyone who asks you; when a man takes what is yours, do not demand it back. Treat others as you would like them to treat you. If you love only those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. Again, if you do good only to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do as much. And if you lend only where you expect to be repaid, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to each other to be repaid in full. But you must love your enemies and do good; and lend without expecting any return; and you will have a rich reward: you will be sons of the Most High, because he himself is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be compassionate as your Father is compassionate.

Matthew 5:43-48

You have learned that they were told, “Love your neighbor, hate your enemy.” But what I tell you is this: Love your enemies and pray for your persecutors; only so can you be children of your heavenly Father, who makes his sun shine on good and bad alike, and sends the rain on the honest and the dishonest. If you love only those who love you, what reward can you expect? Surely the tax-gatherers do as much as that. And if you greet only your brothers, what is there extraordinary about that? Even the heathen do as much. There must be no limit to your goodness, as your heavenly Father’s goodness knows no bounds.
Matthew 5:38-42

You have learned that they were told, “Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.” But what I tell you is this: Do not set yourself against the man who wrongs you. If someone slaps you on the right cheek, turn and offer him your left. If a man wants to sue you for your shirt, let him have your coat as well. If a man in authority makes you go one mile, go with him two. Give when you are asked to give; and do not turn your back on a man who wants to borrow.

We call ourselves "Christians". If we are, we had better start listening to the only true Christian who ever lived, and who lived it to the fullest.
« Kids' Letters To God     Main     Lessons »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Well said.
  2. Old Comment
    Wonderfully said...It upsets me so bad when there is always "somebody" to blame,we all need to examine ourselves and change outselves rather than point fingers.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award