Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Into The Future With Frustration

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Rate this Entry

Into The Future With Frustration

Submit "Into The Future With Frustration" to Digg Submit "Into The Future With Frustration" to del.icio.us Submit "Into The Future With Frustration" to StumbleUpon Submit "Into The Future With Frustration" to Google
Posted 01-20-2011 at 07:23 AM by caninemom3
Tags dog, jobs, tricks

I am a medical transcriptionist by occupation. This whole month has been a nightmare. Typically work tends to slack off and there are perhaps some slow periods but always by this time in January things have always picked up. Not so this year. I have been with my current company 3-1/2 years. Ever since the 1st of January, there has literally been NO WORK. If I were being paid an hourly wage I would not be this worried. However, I get paid PER LINE. This means that if I don't type there is NO MONEY.

What has happened ?? The company is not being forthcoming, this I know for sure.

I have taken a job with a new company and am both excited and scared. If anything changes in my life I tend to greet it with a combination of those two emotions. Excited because it is still doing transcription at home, it is more money. Scared because I have never worked for this company before and the first pay period will probably be based on minimum wage because it is considered the training period. I don't know about anywhere else but minimum wage in Ohio I believe is $7.40 an hour. At my present job when there is work I make approximately $11.81 an hour. Quite a difference.

Still, I know that this change is necessary. Not only for financial reasons but for piece of mind. I am so nervous and frazzled from digging for work. I swear my hair has gotten grayer by the second. We also owe a very healthy veterinarian bill after having lost 2 kitties within a month of each other both of whom required extensive testing and hospitalizations.

They are worth a million times more than the bill. In fact, they are irreplaceable. I miss them more than I could ever express and all I have left is a massive bill.

Eventually I know things will settle down. I will get "into the groove" so to speak with the new job, produce as I always have and make more money. Leaving one job and starting another is really hard at any time but particularly when you are as old a dog as I am. New tricks are just not that easy to learn.

I will persevere, however. After all, what choice do I have ?? I can't stay with this company. We will be bankrupt again if I do.

I just hope and pray God has my back on this one because as for me, I am flying by the proverbial seat of my pants these days.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1424 Comments 2
« Lessons     Main     An Insomniac Diary Part I »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Louanne,

I know what you mean about leaving a job for another, you have a "comfort level" in the old company and that is understandable. I have been with my company for ten years I have accrued weeks of vacation time, personal time, etc... I have looked elsewhere but leaving scares me because I would lose everything I have earned. You will be fine and do great for the new company, you care about doing a good job and that shows, they will see it right away I am sure.
  2. Old Comment
    Congratulations on your new job, and keep your chin up! I remember the 'new job nerves' from when I started my current job. It was nearly 20 years ago, and I really took the job out of desperation. After a rough start, things worked out very well. I've come to think that new jobs are always rough at first, till you get to know the people and the routines, but I know you'll get into the swing of things before long. Good luck to you!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award