Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > gabulldawg » Goodbye Old Friend Winter

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,931
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
Rate this Entry

Goodbye Old Friend Winter

Submit "Goodbye Old Friend Winter" to Digg Submit "Goodbye Old Friend Winter" to del.icio.us Submit "Goodbye Old Friend Winter" to StumbleUpon Submit "Goodbye Old Friend Winter" to Google
Posted 03-02-2011 at 11:23 AM by gabulldawg

Today as I was on my lunchbreak I walked around the grounds on my base and saw all the blooms on the trees,and it was so beautiful. I could not help but feel some sadness though at the passage of the season winter.

It made me think about comparing winter to an old friend you have had since childhood. Now I know I have complained alot in posts about how cold I was and how sick and tired I was of winter especially by late January. I always love to see winter come,and count down the days practically! Just like when an old friend come to visit you in your home,at first everything is great! you catch up on old times talking about the past,and you plan on all the things you will do together while they are here!

After the first week though little annoyances set in,and by the second week you are ready to get back to your old routine! As they walk out the door after you hug them and tell them you will see them next visit you begin to feel a heavy heart afterall they are your old friend and they know you better than anyone else.And as they drive off you begin to think of what you can do together the next year when they visit!

That is how I feel about winter,it ushers in Christmas and New years, it would certainly take away from Christmas for me if it was 80F and humid. But by the end of January it gets on your nerves to have to go warm up your car,of shovel out the driveway. You are ready for it to leave! AS it does I feel bad for thinking such thoughts and ever complaining. But surely like a trusty old friend it will come back next year! So goodbye winter see you next year!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1191 Comments 0
Main     Glory Days.. »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award