Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » I Stink !! Or The Grass Is A Color Not Green

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Rate this Entry

I Stink !! Or The Grass Is A Color Not Green

Submit "I Stink !! Or The Grass Is A Color Not Green" to Digg Submit "I Stink !! Or The Grass Is A Color Not Green" to del.icio.us Submit "I Stink !! Or The Grass Is A Color Not Green" to StumbleUpon Submit "I Stink !! Or The Grass Is A Color Not Green" to Google
Posted 06-11-2011 at 10:19 AM by caninemom3

As a transcriptionist by trade, I think or thought I had heard it all. Every dialect. Every kind of dictator. In 17 years there have been quite a variety. There have been been several times when doctors thought they were being sly and "broke wind" while talking positive it would not be heard.

Guess what guys ??? We transcriptionists hear EVERYTHING. And I must say I have chuckled quite a few times when I have heard this.

I have been working at home for the past 4 years as a tanscriptionist. Before that, I was at one of the local hospitals and worked there for 8-1/2 years. Then the bottom started falling out for that hospital and I knew I needed to do SOMETHING and FAST.

My goddaughter had been working at home in transcription since she needs a job but had two very little tots at the time and she urged and encouraged me to join her company. As scared as I was, I did it. For four years good or bad, thick or thin, I stayed with my company. Then in the Fall of last year early Winter this year my company was often times out of work. No work for transcriptionists translates into NO MONEY since we do NOT get an hourly wage.

Being a malcontent at heart, I left my old company for "greener pastures". I found a company that seems relatively stable right here in Ohio. In fact they have been in business for 30 years. I tested for them and got offered a job. Eurika !!!!! I finally found a company that deserved me - or so I thought.

I chose to work midnights which I had never done before and then came the nightmare.
The dictations this company have are the absolutely the WORST I HAVE EVER LISTENED TO EVER !!! I don't know what language these folks are speaking but it is emphatically NOT ENGLISH.

Still I persevered. I worked hard to get my speed up and worked on trying to uderstand what the heck they were were saying. Every little bit I checked in with my supervisor whom I very much admire and she said as far as she knew I was doing great. She even took me off probation EARLY.

I was tired but everything was finally fine. Until yesterday, June 10, 2011, when I got this e-mail from the person in charge of payroll/line counts:

[B]Please be advised that you must improve your quality of work[/B]
[B]while maintaining a minimum of 8750 characters per hour in order to[/B]
[B]maintain employment. Our QA staff has identified numerous quality[/B]
[B]errors. Please recognize the importance of quality in your work that we[/B]
[B]then return to our clients. If you have any questions regarding the[/B]
[B]specific concerns in the quality of your work please contact a member[/B]
[B]of our QA staff immediately. Thank you. [/B]

I was not only dumbfounded but panicked. There were never any warnings before. And in transcription quality errors are a broad topic from nothing major to major major. As far as the production, again I was told that was fine.

So here I am. Back to the drawing board. Why did this person have to be so nasty ??? Maybe in fact I should leave transcription since the work I produce seems to have such a malodorous fragrance.

I felt like a 1000 pound polar bear had punched me in the stomach after reading that e-mail. Then the sinking feeling came and finally an outburst of sobbing. I have tried and tried so hard.

I get it. I STINK. Don't really need to be slapped in the face with it. I did speak with QA yesterday and the gal I spoke with was so nice......couldnt understand why I would receive such a mean e-mail.

It just goes to show you. I thought the grass was going to be SO green when I went with this company. Well, it isn't green, in fact it has taken on a rather brownish cast !

I don't know what is going to play out in the coming week. One thing is clear my work seems to have the same odor previously mentioned which some of those doctors were producing in what they thought were private moments:-?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2077 Comments 4
« Life's Message     Main     Turning 60 »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Don't just take their word for it. Stand up for yourself and ask for examples. You can't fix errors if you don't know what exactly they're b*tching about. If they were so satisfied in the beginning and are suddenly dropping poo on you, you're entitled to know what the heck they're talking about.

In other words: It's probably not you. Don't assume they're right.
  2. Old Comment
    Louanne,

I am sure that email was sent to the wrong person, you seem like a perfectionist when it comes to your job. I am sure you are doing a great job, and there are people there who see what kind of work you do.

Hang in there, it will get better.
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Comment
    Don't just take their word for it. Stand up for yourself and ask for examples. You can't fix errors if you don't know what exactly they're b*tching about. If they were so satisfied in the beginning and are suddenly dropping poo on you, you're entitled to know what the heck they're talking about.

In other words: It's probably not you. Don't assume they're right.
    I 100% agree with you! demand an inquest
  4. Old Comment
    Absolutely! Your too wonderful for such nonsense!
    Posted 06-26-2011 at 10:50 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas MichelleluvsChristmas is offline

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award