Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Michelle's Christmas Blog! » All things Christmas!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
My thoughts, my hopes, and of course my Christmas dreams!
Rate this Entry

All things Christmas!

Submit "All things Christmas!" to Digg Submit "All things Christmas!" to del.icio.us Submit "All things Christmas!" to StumbleUpon Submit "All things Christmas!" to Google
Posted 06-26-2011 at 11:59 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas

It sometimes makes me laugh how much I love Christmas. I remember when I lived in a group home, I took the tree in January while still decorated and placed it in my bedroom so I could appreciate it all year long!. I was made fun of (in a good way) by the staff and other residents, but they always told me it was what made me special.
I happen to now work at the same group home that I lived in 6 years ago. It's so amazing to be there around Christmas time, when they have no where to go. We come together, make a turkey for them, and we are given a nice budget to get them gifts.
This is a big reason why I love Christmas, being able to see their faces on Christmas morning. It's truly a blessing.
I could cry just talking about all the things I love about this holiday. Coming on this site every day truly makes me feel at home, because for a long time I thought I was the only Christmas nut.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2506 Comments 2
« Crazy weeks!     Main     The Juggling Act. »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Oh Michelle, the depth of your feelings and the way you describe Christmas always touch me. I count myself honored to have you as part of MMC.

Giving back and celebrating with family are always what the Holidays are always about to me, especially Christmas. I know you have said you don't have much family but it sounds like the kids are a big part of your life. You are part of our family too. I mean that. We are all glad you are here.
  2. Old Comment
    You are absolutely wonderful, thank you for being so kind and caring it really makes me feel wonderful!
    Posted 06-27-2011 at 06:15 PM by MichelleluvsChristmas MichelleluvsChristmas is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award