Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » A few personal thoughts...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf
Rate this Entry

A few personal thoughts...

Submit "A few personal thoughts..." to Digg Submit "A few personal thoughts..." to del.icio.us Submit "A few personal thoughts..." to StumbleUpon Submit "A few personal thoughts..." to Google
Posted 07-21-2011 at 09:31 AM by lauriebear

I posted this in a discussion in one of the forums, under Chit Chat, Home & Family, within the discussion Breaking Tradition?? I wanted to just remind everyone that we should all count our blessings, you do not know how long we have to all be together and while I truly hope I do not offend anyone that is not what I meant to do....
I read all the posts, and well to be honest some of you do not know how lucky you really are, I would give my right arm to have family or in-laws, or parents that I have to juggle and run too. I do not have this, no children to worry on, no parents to wonder if I should go to them, no in-laws upset that we didn't come. Christmas is at my home, I invite friends, and although I savor this, a part of me often wonders why I never had the "big" family of my dreams when I was a kid, but God knows best, and I didn't post this for anyone to feel bad, please don't I just wanted to let others know that sometimes you do not know what you have, I agree that you should do what feels right for you and your family, but remember this is the time of year we are to give, and while at a different time Mary & Joesph traveled for a different reason, maybe it isn't so bad; after all having somewhere to go and people who want your company and might be a little sad that your not there with them sounds wonderful to me, rejoice that you have children you shelp around during the holiday's, for somewhere there is someone who wishes they did.... Just another way to think about it....
Thank you all... Be well LT
Views 1096 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    A very thoughtful blog, Laurie. I agree. As in the Joni Mitchell song......."you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone....."

I am lucky though. I learned before it was too late that family is everything. Because of that I was able to share wonderful moments with my family most of whom are all gone now.

Now MMC is my Christmas family and I feel so blessed to have been led to this site and inheriting such a wonderful family of Christmas brothers and sisters, just like you xo

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award