Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > elf bazaar » A sad day for Brecon, Heaven gained an Angel

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,428
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,327)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Diary of a Snow Shoveler
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:38 PM
0 Posts
My Santa Claus
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:41 PM
52,162 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Tree for...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:19 PM
55,400 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part III:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:45 PM
79,036 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Gifts,...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:50 PM
43,835 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

A sad day for Brecon, Heaven gained an Angel

Submit "A sad day for Brecon, Heaven gained an Angel" to Digg Submit "A sad day for Brecon, Heaven gained an Angel" to del.icio.us Submit "A sad day for Brecon, Heaven gained an Angel" to StumbleUpon Submit "A sad day for Brecon, Heaven gained an Angel" to Google
Posted 07-26-2011 at 11:17 AM by elf bazaar

Today I write with a heavy heart. I write because I am not sure what else to do, I know probably only a hand full of people here would know where Brecon is let alone visit it. But yesterday we tragically lost our mayor.
He had only recently began his year as Mayor being sworn in at the end of May, within the few short months he became a very dear friend and ally in the daily humorous world which is small town politics.
He had quietly served as a town Councillor for many years and had waited patiently for his turn to play the role as mayor.
From the moment he was sworn in he became a pure breath of fresh air to the town, he set up a "mayors chance" lottery a local lottery with monies raised going to the local cancer hospice. He arranged with the local brewery to have a specially brewed beer to promote the town further afield.
He hosted the most wonderfully fun shindigs in the mayors parlour, cleverly inviting the big wigs from south Wales always quietly plugging the town always planting seeds in the bigger business worlds head.
His (unbeknown to him) final hours were spent with friends and family in a local pub celebrating a birthday, within an hour of leaving the party his loving wife found him hunched over in his office chair.
The whole town had a dark shadow cast over it today, the flags have been lowered and the normally happy faces were sullen.
It was a passing that nobody had foreseen, we are all in shock, while speaking to one town councillor this afternoon I asked "what happens now?" the answer was simple. "We hope we pray and love each other that little bit extra. Mike would have liked that".
Rest in peace Mayor Mike Foster, I was blessed to have known you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1677 Comments 1
« Belonging     Main     Why I love my family »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had something profound to say, but just know you are in my thoughts and prays.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award