Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Everything Christmas » What is it about Christmas?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Everything about Christmas that makes you happy and full of joy!
Rate this Entry

What is it about Christmas?

Submit "What is it about Christmas?" to Digg Submit "What is it about Christmas?" to del.icio.us Submit "What is it about Christmas?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What is it about Christmas?" to Google
Posted 09-04-2011 at 07:54 PM by Lynn68

I've wondered most of my life what it is about Christmas that I find so special? What about it makes me giddy like a child? I mean I can never sleep past 5am Christmas morning. I can be seen sitting on the couch watching anything with a Christmas theme to it. Last year it was The Shopping Channel which had Christmas jewellery for the hour. The year before I watched a choir singing carols. I love waiting for the rest of the family to wake up and see that the tree lights are already on and smell the aroma of brewing coffee. But what is it that makes this time of year so exciting, so special, even before I sit in the Christmas tree lit living room watching people selling jewellery at 5am? We're not allowed to say Merry Christmas at work and the main streets are hardly decorated yet my heart is filled with excitement and joy just the same. The little things that do it for me are the homes decorated with so many assorted colored lights that you can't see the house! The department stores that still dare to play overhead Christmas music. The wrapping paper/ribbon sections of stationery stores. The Christmas cartoons and movies... (The Grinch and Home Alone) being my favorites. When it first snows and the streets are lightly dusted with white. I can go on and on about what makes Christmas so special to me. My friends tell me I'm rediculously obsessed, that it's freakish to love something this much. I disagree, I think those of us who adore Christmas and let the season fill us with crazy amounts of joy are very special people. Kind people. Loving people. Can I say that I'd love to visit Santa's work, shop without sounding like I need a straight jacket? To devoted Christmas lovers, you're darn tootin' I can!! Who in their right mind doesn't believe in Santa anyhow?? Hmmm... I wonder what I'll be watching at 5am this Christmas morning??
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1531 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Wha a wonderful blog !! I feel the very same way as you !! I work at home so I do not have to put up with folks who don't want to hear "Merry Christmas". In fact, when I go out, I make a POINT of saying it !! What an awful thing to say to people !! LOL !

Thank you very much for your blog and welcome to the Christmas family xo

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award