Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Michelle's Christmas Blog! » Christmas Miracles.

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
My thoughts, my hopes, and of course my Christmas dreams!
Rate this Entry

Christmas Miracles.

Submit "Christmas Miracles." to Digg Submit "Christmas Miracles." to del.icio.us Submit "Christmas Miracles." to StumbleUpon Submit "Christmas Miracles." to Google
Posted 09-05-2011 at 05:58 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas

With seven minutes to go before I have to wake the children up at work, I thought I would quickly type this out as I found it to be pretty amazing. Here at my work (new workplace) I discovered what their Christmas routine is, as we are a shelter for homeless youth. Basically, all youth are welcome on the days leading up to Christmas Eve regardless if they are in our program or not. We cook numerous turkeys, and invite them all in to join us in celebrating the holidays. Through the gifts of many donors, these children will receive sponsorship's from another family, that will grant them their Christmas wish list. HOW AMAZING? I KNOW!. It really warms my heart and almost makes me cry, that this program goes above and beyond to create a sense of family, and a sense of belonging for these kids when they don't have anywhere else to go. Our youth who can only access from 10 pm to 7 am will wake up with stockings and gifts.. and I have a feeling that it will be a very beautiful Christmas this year. I cannot wait to see the smiles on their faces, when they wake up to realize.. they are not alone.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1373 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award