Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
Little Girl's Christmas:...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 07:55 PM
53,978 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Catching Santa: Ain't...
By Elf Ed Zachary
11-26-2013 03:03 AM
4,402 Views  0 Posts
Mistletoe Christmas in America...
By MMC Editor
10-23-2012 03:40 PM
34,061 Views  0 Posts
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?

Submit "What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?" to Digg Submit "What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?" to del.icio.us Submit "What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?" to Google
Posted 12-15-2011 at 02:18 PM by lauriebear

I posted in a forum here Atheists Amongst Us?” It is a poll, and it now has me thinking, what do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas? Do I push my beliefs on others? While I wish I could say no, I wonder now, in my own way, by saying Merry Christmas am I pushing my belief? I feel very strongly about Christmas, and what it means to me. In my Church we do not “show” the baby Jesus until Mid-Night Christmas Morning, the manger right now as we speak is empty, the Baby will not be place in it until the afore mentioned time. I believe God gave us his only son to help lead us though darkness, I believe in Mary and Joseph and the long journey they took, as well as the three wise men. I also believe in Santa and all the magic of this season. I believe because I choose to believe, I would hate to think I pushed my views, but I will state here and now, I believe and will always believe. I also do questions those who say they do not believe, I do not come out and question but in my head I do, I ask myself why don’t they believe? But I have learned that everyone has a choice weather to believe in something or nothing at all, but it is just that a personal choice. I understand that it takes all different kinds of opinions and thoughts to make up this world. We all need to respect each other, so when I say Merry Christmas to a non-believer I am not insulting them, I do not mean offence, nor do I mean to push my beliefs, I simply am wishing them happiness, health, and good will. Years ago I took a stand against saying Happy Holiday’s (I was much younger, less understanding, but alas with age comes much understanding). I still tend to say Merry Christmas, but now I do not get upset when someone wishes me Happy Holiday’s, I know that they are not saying to be the awful statement P.C. they are really wishing me happiness, health, and good will. I choose to celebrate Christmas honoring God, Jesus, Joseph, and Mary, etc. I honor those who celebrate for non-religious beliefs, and/or traditional values. I believe that everyone should be allowed to celebrate in their own way, whit their own beliefs. I think we all need to embrace these differences, it helps us all to grow and learn. I will admit this now, and hope that I do not turn any of my MMC friends against me, but there was a time I thought only people who believed in God should celebrate Christmas, I have learned that is not so, goodness God would never begrudge anyone so who am I begrudging someone joy of the season. I have learned, opened my mind, and heart to the understanding the Christmas is more than just a season, and I embrace anyone who wishes to join in to celebrate. So tonight I will raise my glass to all of you and wish you a very Merry Christmas, may all your dreams and wishes be fulfilled.
Views 3871 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thank you, Laurie and Merry CHRISTmas to you my dear friend xo
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks CM3... I am so glad I have this place.
  3. Old Comment
    Where I live wishing someone a "Merry" or "Happy" Christmas is still met with kindness. I often wonder why my workplace insists on calling our annual festive gathering a "Holiday Party" when the themes are always Christmas related. Come to think of it nobody has ever returned one of my Christmas cards suggesting they don't celebrate Christmas so why do we have to pretend we aren't having a Christmas party. When I'm out Christmas shopping, I expect the salesclerks to say, "thanks and Merry Christmas" which I'm happy to report is still standard practice around my merry neck of the woods. We still have annual Old Fashioned Christmas walks. Where my boys and grandkids live, one of the schools decided not to have a "Holiday Recital" instead opting to wait until February to have a more general recital. I don't understand the reasoning of that, although I heard mention that it was because six of the students in the school wouldn't be able to participate. I'm sorry, but six out of hundreds doesn't seem like a fair reason to cancel a recital. Perhaps they could have been more creative in organizing the recital to include whatever tradition or celebration the six students practiced so they could be included.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings on this subject Laurie.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Posted 01-01-2012 at 05:13 PM by AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Auntie thank you very much!!! Part of me wishes I was there for those old fashioned Christmas walks.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award