Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > bigbearfla58 » 2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,099
Threads: 54,028
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,174)
Welcome to our newest member, pe1225
Rate this Entry

2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to Digg Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to del.icio.us Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to StumbleUpon Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to Google
Posted 08-07-2012 at 07:37 AM by bigbearfla58
Updated 03-19-2013 at 04:13 PM by bigbearfla58 (Updates for Thanksgiving 2013)

Sunday Septembear 2, 2012 reading the morning paper have a big cup of coffee going over my menu and grocery lists yawn.

Sunday, August 13, 2012 7:58 a.m. had a big thunderstorm Saturday at 3:30 p.m. had to shut down the computer fast before the lightening hit. Found two more great oranges over the weekend zested them put the zest the freezer. Doing some preliminary Thanksgiving planning today checking the pantry for salt, pepper and checked dates on baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, olive oil, corn oil and vegetable oil. I have aluminum foil and parchment paper for cookies.

Tuesday, August 08, 2012 6:58 a.m. This year is flying past me at trans-warp speeds that the Enterprise can only dream of achieving. Already this year had the French Open, Wimbledon, 4th of July, Mama's Birthday and now the Olympics have all come and gone so fast I might as well be dreaming. I do have Labor Day, my birthday and Fall to look forward to and when the pumpkins squashes and gourds reappear at my local Farmers Markets and Farm Stands. Next month I will start re-seasoning my cast iron skillet and begin making my Thanksgiving preparations. Notes to self: going to try roasted red onions this year.

Monday, August 07, 2012 9:38 a.m. I had a huge thunderstorm last night -- found some great oranges at the Farmer's Market zested and juiced them over the weekend. Going over my nonperishable/pantry grocery items and looking for coupons. Will go over my nonperishable/ice box items in September.

Friday July 27, 2012 7:00 p.m. Happy Weekend looking forward to watching the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Olympics and to Mama's 74th birthday party tomorrow.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:38 a.m. found some great strawberries at the Farmers Market going to make the last batch of jam today. Going over my non-perishable grocery list for Thanksgiving today and checking dates for oil, baking soda, baking powder and corn starch. I always make two lists. One non-perishable one perishable. I purchase all my non-perishable items before the 1st week in Novembear. And I purchase perishable items the three weeks before Thanksgiving Day.

Friday, July 13, 2012 2:52 p.m. I found some great blueberries, strawberries, peaches, and apricots at BJ's The blueberry's were $4.99 for two pounds. I will turn them all into jam to give as presents when Christmas comes to town. I think this year I will freeze the peaches instead of making jam out of them.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 7:28 a.m. I just wanted to take out time today to wish every one a very Happy 4th of July and holiday seasons yet to come. At my desk eating my oatmeal and going over my last minute preparations for the BBQ. I have a few more guests coming to my BBQ this means a quick run over to Wal Mart for soda, 3 or 4 more chickens for the BBQ and maybe one or two more bags of chips and root beer. I made my boiled custard yesterday I will make the ice tea and set up the buffet table around 12:00 p.m. Happy 4th of July.

Saturday, June 30, 2012 5:08 a.m. I got up early today wanted to get to the grocery stores and beat the crowds and I also wanted to take out time today to wish all of you a very Happy 4th of July and holiday seasons yet to come. Once again I will be making my Great Grandmother's old fashioned boiled custard vanilla ice cream, burgers, hot dogs, chips the whole nine yards. Tropical storm Debbie is now stationary and has dumped way to much rain all over FL. Want her to go away. I am looking forward to the Labor Day Weekend when I start my Thanksgiving preparations. This year is really flying past me I can hardly believe that the 4th of July is now only 5 days from today and Christmas is only 182 days from today. This year is flying past me at trans-warp speeds the Enterprise can only dream of. This has also been an unusually hot summer for most of the country while FL has been well great wish you all were here. I can hardly believe it's the last day of June and the 4th of July is right around the corner. Do I have enough rock salt for the ice cream?

Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:08 a.m. Happy Thanksgiving -- I have been re-seasoning my cast iron skillet all summer. I've invited friends over for breakfast and some of my buttermilk cornbread. I have plenty of butter and home made preserves. I'll let you know how it turned out. The test batch of cornbread was huge hit. Nothing stuck to the pan and the cornbread was gone in 8 minutes.

Sunday, September 04, 2011 7:08 p.m. 98 degrees I am wishing for some cooler weather today. Where is a cold front when you want one? I just made my Thanksgiving mashed potatoes with heavy cream lots of butter and salt. I had some friends over to taste and they approved. Now I have to cool them off and put then into the freezer until two days before Thanksgiving.

Sunday August 28, 2011 5:08 a.m. 78 degrees I am up early this morning and I just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you a very Happy and Long 72 second Labor Day Weekend and holiday seasons yet to come. This is the weekend I start to re-season my cast iron skillet and reviewing all of my turkey roasting tips and tricks for Thanksgiving Day.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:38 p.m. 95 degrees, hot and humid. Found great blueberries, strawberries and peaches at the farm stands. Made jam and peach cobbler this weekend. Both are tart this year had to add extra sugar.

Monday, July 4, 2011 8:08 am. 4th of July weekend 89 degrees, hot and humid today making my home made ice cream for family and friends.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:58 p.m. EDT Memorial Day Weekend 90 degrees sunny and very humid and hot today. This year is flying right past me

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 During this long and way to hot summer I have been gathering new tips, tricks and techniques and will be posting them later in the year.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award