Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > bigbearfla58 » 2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,008
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,841)
Welcome to our newest member, misswang123
Rate this Entry

2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to Digg Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to del.icio.us Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to StumbleUpon Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to Google
Posted 09-03-2012 at 09:37 AM by bigbearfla58
Updated 06-27-2013 at 03:56 PM by bigbearfla58 (Updates for Thanksgiving 2013)

Monday Septembear 02, 2013 I just wanted to take out time today to wish you all very Happy Labor Day and holiday season yet to come.

Today I am re-seasoning my cast iron skillet and going over my Thanksgiving check list that helps launch my Thanksgiving preparations for 2013.

1. Make sure your oven is CLEAN and CALIBRATED

2. New memory card, batteries, battery charger, film for camera or camcorder.

3. Have enough place settings, bread & butter plates, serving bowls and serving pieces for side dishes

4. Tablecloth, napkins, napkin rings, place cards and center pieces and decorative items for the table.

5. Stemware for water and wine -- salt and pepper shakers

6. Bottled water, soft drinks/iced tea for children or guests who do not groove on wine

7. Well stocked pantry and ice box dog food cat food for pets

8. Check and double your Thanksgiving Day grocery list and menu -- Don't forget the butter, celery, onions and Pillsbury Crescent Rolls Make sure you have ALL INGREDIENTS for your Thanksgiving dinner.

9. Snail mail and e-mail dinner invitations send out to give guests at least 3 months before Thanksgiving to give guests time to make travel plans

10. Check and double check your menu/grocery list at least 5 times. You don't want to make any last minute trips to the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving.

* Check and double check your grocery list before you head out to the grocery store.
* Watch for sales and COUPONS at your grocery store and on line

Thanksgiving is steeped in years of remembered flavors and your families recipes, most likely your Grandmother's or Great Grandmother's secret recipes for her legendary bread stuffing. I also know Thanksgiving is all about TRADITIONS -- spelled out in letters that are 10,000 feet high. You are never to mess with tradition on Thanksgiving Day. My traditions date back to my Great Grandmother and have been carried on through 5 generations in my family.

Over the years I have developed what I call THE SYSTEM that keeps me organized and on track year in and year out. I made my last tweak to is 10 years ago and this guarantees that I will have a very Happy and gratitude filled Thanksgiving.

I can't stress this enough go over your dinner menu at least 5 times put grocery list on I phone or computer and go over that five times. Ask your family what dish(s) they are looking forward to -- take notes. Make sure you cleaned out the ice box and freezer to make room for this Thanksgiving feast.
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award