Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > bigbearfla58 » 2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,089
Threads: 53,926
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, ajb1946
Rate this Entry

2013 Thanksgiving Preparations

Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to Digg Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to del.icio.us Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to StumbleUpon Submit "2013 Thanksgiving Preparations" to Google
Posted 09-04-2012 at 03:27 PM by bigbearfla58

Tuesday Septembear 04, 2012 5:38 p.m. I just wanted to take out time today to wish you all very Happy Columbus Day and holiday season yet to come.

Today I am re-seasoning my cast iron skillet and going over my Thanksgiving check list that helps me get myself organized now for Thanksgiving Day.

Here is part 2 of my list Part 3 will be posted tomorrow.

11. Make sure home and carpets are clean before your guests arrive

13. Variety of freshly roasted/toasted nuts, cheeses and crackers to serve as appetizers before dinner to give you more time in the kitchen

14. Clean and dry roasting pan with roasting rack for the turkey

15. Sharp carving knife and sharpening steel -- re-sharpen knives every 4 months

16. Large platters for turkey -- warm them up with hot water before carving your turkey

17. Schedule hair/nail appointments with hairdresser. Your dead line this year is 11/11/13 -- --
two weeks before Thanksgiving

18. Choose two outfits -- one for the kitchen when you're cooking -- grubbies-- the other to wear for dinner. Make sure that outfit #2 is laundered/dry cleaned/pressed is on a hanger and ready to wear.

19. Make sure you get extra packages of cranberries (check for sales right after Christmas. I found them on sale for 79 cents Jan 10, 2009)

20. Rival food saver vacuum packer and bags for left overs -- Found low prices at Wal Mart, BJ's and Costco's

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 401 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award