Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » The closing of 2012 and the start of 2013…

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,468
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Top Ten Questions for...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:08 PM
54,669 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 Christmas Stress: A...
By MMC Editor
12-18-2012 08:45 PM
0 Posts
stocking How to Have an...
By MMC Editor
10-31-2012 11:49 PM
31,906 Views  0 Posts
"A Dear Little Schemer"......
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 08:28 AM
56,013 Views  0 Posts
Does Santa ever get...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
52,140 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

The closing of 2012 and the start of 2013…

Submit "The closing of 2012 and the start of 2013…" to Digg Submit "The closing of 2012 and the start of 2013…" to del.icio.us Submit "The closing of 2012 and the start of 2013…" to StumbleUpon Submit "The closing of 2012 and the start of 2013…" to Google
Posted 12-31-2012 at 12:09 PM by lauriebear

Like a lot of other member’s blogs that I was reading the week of Christmas for me is a mix of the wonderful season we are enjoying and that touch of apprehension of the coming days without the warm glow of the tree.
So I start reminiscing over the last year and pick out the good times, I also list the “bad” times. I look over what I want to accomplish this coming year and what I will learn in the New Year. I always try to learn something new each year some things I stick with as I enjoy them, some I do not as they just do not spark real joy inside me. But, if you do not try something at least once you won’t ever know. As I do this I love reliving each memory, like the fun I had on my birthday this past February and then I wonder how much fun 2013’s birthday will be?!?! Or I think back to the beach and those mornings watching the sun come up over the Atlantic Ocean and the feel of the July sun on my face, the feel of the sand between my toes and Snicker’s digging a hole so big I think she just might make it to China after all LOL! I just skipped over the spring how could I do that!!! I grew tulips for the very first time!!! Pink, Red, and Yellow ones oh they were SOOO beautiful, you should have seen them. I just keep the pictures flowing through my mind. I also think of the sad times, the disappointments, or arguments I have had and see if I can learn from them. See if I made an error in judgment, or if I hurt someone, if I learned from these things, if I have then all the better that they happened and now are part of my past. We lost to very dear members of our community this year, that was hard, I think over the sadness I still feel, as I miss my friends. I know they wouldn’t want me to be glum but I think we all need to grieve at our own pace and well I miss my friends, I wish they were here so I can say Merry Christmas or Happy New Year, I know I cannot but my heart wishes it still. I guess I love to take this time to just feel the old year pass and the new one to begin. I just love New Years Eve and the start of a brand new year!!! I get excited over the plans I have for it and I wonder what new things are in store for me!!!
As I sit here I love the sight of the tree and my Christmas Village in the window, I have the lights on already it is so warm and inviting, I know it is coming soon the day that I have to take these down, but that isn’t for a little bit right now and well to be honest I do not get sad anymore taking my tree down; I know that sound crazy right for a Christmas Lover such as I but, as I put it away, it makes it that much more meaningful when I take it out again next year. I do get a little bummed seeing all the neighborhoods go “dark” after new year’s but I try to think how much I will love it when they put those lights back up.
I guess you would call me one of those people who see the glass half full as much as I can. So tonight I raise my glass to all of you here at MMC, many the calendar keep bring Happy Holiday’s to you and yours.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 472 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award