Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Within The Depths

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,444
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat The Mistletoe Bough...
By MMC Editor
10-17-2013 06:19 AM
Last post by Virginia
10-30-2013 03:04 AM
2 Posts
How To Get Great Holiday...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:00 PM
46,955 Views  0 Posts
Why We Use Red and Green...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:27 PM
Last post by Vincencia
11-12-2012 04:21 PM
64,571 Views  1 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,783 Views  2 Posts
"A Christmas White...
By MerryCarey
11-11-2011 07:26 AM
57,926 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Within The Depths

Submit "Within The Depths" to Digg Submit "Within The Depths" to del.icio.us Submit "Within The Depths" to StumbleUpon Submit "Within The Depths" to Google
Posted 02-27-2013 at 08:50 PM by caninemom3

It is late afternoon on a Wednesday. I am finished working for the day. It is cool and seasonably chilly but I am sitting beside my fireplace with a peaceful and Christmassy blaze giving its warmth to all that is near. I am troubled.

There is something inherently troubling me deep within my soul and I don't know what it is. It always manifests itself in food binging. Food comforts it. Makes it "go away." Why do I do this ? I have asked myself this question for decades. Why do I go off a sensible, healthy eating regimen to stuff myself with food that is unhealthy ? I have no control over this food "obsession." It controls me. I have tried so many different ways to combat it. I have tried just plain dieting, not dieting, only eating when really hungry, behavior modification, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, calorie counting, exercising, Overeater's Anonymous, hypnosis, all to no avail.

Why do I have this urge, this compulsion to binge ?? What is it that makes me do it and why does food comfort it ? I have tried and tried to get to the bottom of this and I still don't know. Perhaps part of the reason is because food never asks questions, never yells, never demands anything, it just gives. It gives nutrition to my body, it gives emotional comfort and support when I am down, it gives rewards when I have done something deserving, it even "hugs" in its own way.

I am getting ready at the end of April to go back once again to Jenny Craig. With their diet I had the longest success - I kept weight off for over three years at one time. At the end of that time, I was tired of the weight maintenance and tired of not being able to eat liberally, tired of not being able to sedate myself by turning to my "best buddy", food. So, I quit and gained it all back and that is the way it has always gone.

I can take all the hot baths, walks, distract myself to high heaven, yadda, yadda, yadda and I STILL wind up binging.

I just really wish I could understand what is driving me. What in the deepest depths of my being could it be ??
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 367 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award