Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » Life Gets in the Way of a Blog

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,175 Views  1 Posts
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,224 Views  1 Posts
Sam's First Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:23 PM
48,421 Views  0 Posts
Christmas with the...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:57 PM
55,790 Views  0 Posts
How to Create Your Own...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:58 PM
44,766 Views  0 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

Life Gets in the Way of a Blog

Submit "Life Gets in the Way of a Blog" to Digg Submit "Life Gets in the Way of a Blog" to del.icio.us Submit "Life Gets in the Way of a Blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Life Gets in the Way of a Blog" to Google
Posted 05-14-2011 at 08:21 AM by xmas365
Tags friends, life, mmc

When I first joined MMC, I was just looking for a way to fight the PCB's (post Christmas blues) I thought it may just be a way to quickly fend those blues off and then on with life. I started coming in and reading posts, playing the fun & games, and just looking at pictures, it did help, and you know I stuck around. I had more time in my life at that point, I was more of a stay at home dad, I only worked 25-30 hours a week, so LC would take a nap I would log on, JP at preschool I would log on, down time while kids were playing, log on, and so on. When I first stepped down to take care of the boys I had discussed about doing a blog with my wife about life of a stay at home dad, but things at that time were absolutely bonkers with a 6 month old, moving from an apartment to our house, at that time I don't think I was ever more physically or emotionally exhausted with all going on. It would be more than a year before I joined and the thought of a blog was out of my mind. I joined here and saw blog listed on here and that renewed interest of doing a blog, until I actually started one, and reading back of the first few blog posts I did, you could tell I was a novice with my thoughts all over the place. I continued and found a style I would and I think I continue to write in, I had a goal to post an update once a week, and through my first year I had 54 blog posts a tad more than one a week. Now that I have been back to full time at work and with more responsibilities my blog has suffered, it is now May 14 and this is only my seventh post of this year. I know things change and life gets in the way, I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts in my blog, heck this site has opened my eyes to my future job/store. I will continue to blog when I have time, I don't think it will be as often as I would like. I will continue to come to MMC everyday and catch up on the countdown, which leads me to another view of life getting in the way, when I joined there was a bunch more people who I haven't seen on in forever, some are the reason why I hung around here with the encouragement and feedback they gave me, yes some are still here CM3 was the first person to PM me, and Snow in Texas was the first to add me as a friend, but I do think of the long missing friends of Wen, Carol, and Olga. I do miss them I hope they are all doing well, as well as more recent friends, SuperDave, Shinybrite, Blue Christmas, and so on. Life just gets in the way I understand but I still think of them all.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1354 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Great reading your blogs Ron! BTW I will be a stay at home dad in 2 years when I retire!!! hope you stay around until then..I may have some questions!
  2. Old Comment
    [B]Big ((((((HUGS))))))) To My Dear Christmas Friend, Xmas365 who actually was one of my mentors about blogging. Because you started your blog, I got the courage to start one too. My blog is just so much blah stuff but you did give me the courage to start !!! So glad you are my Christmas friend and come to think of it, I think you are my BEST Christmas friend here. I look forward to your next blog as your thoughts are always interesting !! xo[/B]
  3. Old Comment
    Life doesn't get in the way of blogging---life is what blogs are made of. Let life come first, then let the blog posts follow when you feel moved to write about something. (And yes, MMC is part of life!) No need to feel guilty about not keeping a schedule. Keep on blogging whenever---we'll be here to read when you post!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award