Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » The End of The Magic

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
What will I get for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
0 Posts
Kids and Santa Online
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:23 PM
48,532 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Candles
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:20 PM
54,027 Views  0 Posts
"Behind the White Brick"...
By MerryCarey
10-31-2011 11:46 AM
89,373 Views  0 Posts
“On the Feast of...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:11 AM
30,078 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

The End of The Magic

Submit "The End of The Magic" to Digg Submit "The End of The Magic" to del.icio.us Submit "The End of The Magic" to StumbleUpon Submit "The End of The Magic" to Google
Posted 07-24-2011 at 11:21 AM by caninemom3

Christmas in July was to be an exciting and spectacular intro to the Season. The Season I love best. Unfortunately my brother-in-law developed a very, very serious condition and needed emergent surgery.

I know emergencies happen and I know that none of us are immune to them for we are all mortal.

Christmas in Juy has been a non-existant entity for me this year. Actually it strated before my brother-in-law had to have surgery.

I was jabbering away hapily in an e-mail to my sister because we always go to the Hallmark premiere,when her reply took me completely off guard.

It seemed to intimate that because she no longer needs ornaments she did not wish go to the ornament premiere. Never mind that we didn't have to buy anything and that we could use the day for a sister day. That never even entered her mind. Then Wes needed emergent surgery and of course and without question the ornaments were put on hold.

Two weeks later, here we are. I had e-mailed my sister daily to see how Wes is doing and by all reports he is doing just fine with a couple of minor concerns. I had asked if we could see the new Harry Potter movie and then go see the ornaments, do our usual yearly get together and she said it sounded good.

Until she got here yesterday. She announced quite unexpectedly that she was just going to go see the Harry Potter movie and she was going to head home. Never mind that we had made other plans. Her reasoning for this seemed to have nothing to do with Wes. Just a lack of spirit on her part.

I feel the end of the magic has come. My sister is now too old and too preoccupied to want to spend time with me. And it is not just about Wes and his surgery.

I actually think she has grown past being a Christmas nut.

So here I am. Alone or at most second best. I did get to the ornament premiere but without my sister. My husband graciously gave up some of his time and took me. Then again yesterday after I got back from the movie we went again.

Now my husband is one of those people who only appreciates Christmas in its "proper time frame" from Thanksgiving through Christmas Day. Even during that time he only tolerates it.

I am being totally childish I realize that but i feel increditly hurt and incredibly sad. I feel all alone. Abandoned again. Second best if that. Not to sound toe self pitying but I really should be used to this.

I wish, truly wish, there were someone on this Earth who would be my Christmas buddy, someone who gets that childlike spark in July and who finds it hard to wait for Christmas Eve.

Right now there is a huge void and Christmas in July has literally become The Nightmare Before Christmas for me.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2143 Comments 5
« Turning 60     Main     A Hot Summer Day »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Oh no
    Please do not feel alone, we are all here as one big Christmas Family. we come here to be together we are like the Glee club of Christmas.
    "I wish, truly wish, there were someone on this Earth who would be my Christmas buddy, someone who gets that childlike spark in July and who finds it hard to wait for Christmas Eve."
    Your sister will soon realise what she has missed and you know that deep down she will seriously regret it.
    We are all your Christmas buddies xxx
  2. Old Comment
    Awww - I'm sorry, CM3. Kizzy is right, you are not alone as you are part of the Christmas Family here - a key part, I might add! I'm sure your sister will come around eventually!!

Big hugs to you XXX
  3. Old Comment
    Don't write her off yet, CM3---it could just be recent circumstances. When things are going against you, even things that you usually enjoy lose their charm. Don't push her now, but try again next year. When she has less to worry her, you may find that she's still a Christmas nut. In the meantime, even though we can't go to Hallmark with you, we're with you in spirit in all your Christmas endeavors and pleasures.
  4. Old Comment
    Oh, I am sorry CM3, and I can understand why you are feeling this way, but like the other's said you are not alone, and we may not be right by you but we are with you. Also, I agree with MerryCarey, even though your BIL is coming around and all reports are good, she might just be feeling the stress and can't enjoy the things she use too, maybe next year will be different, you just keep up your end she may come around. Just knowing you are there and she can lean on you is probably making a world of difference you just might not know it.
  5. Old Comment
    What part of Oh are you from? I'm in Ashtabula co.

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award