Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Terrorism And Tolerance

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,941
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,079)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan
Rate this Entry

Terrorism And Tolerance

Submit "Terrorism And Tolerance" to Digg Submit "Terrorism And Tolerance" to del.icio.us Submit "Terrorism And Tolerance" to StumbleUpon Submit "Terrorism And Tolerance" to Google
Posted 09-11-2010 at 06:49 AM by caninemom3
Tags tolerance

As I sit here this morning, September 11, 2010, I too remember that horrible day 9 years ago. The day the twin towers as well as the pentagon were attacked. I was working 2 jobs at the time, a full time one at the hospital just down the street and one here at home transcribing. I awoke that morning really tired, as I had just worked afternoons the day before at the hospital just before the Fedex man brought my tape to be transcribed. I had not turned on the TV as I am not a big TV fan but as I spoke with the Fedex man who delivered my tapes every day for my home job, he told me. "There are airplanes attacking buildings.....you had better turn on the news......" I did so. I can still feel the terror, the panic, the extreme sadness wash over me. All those people. All those passengers. Gone. I did not know what to do. I thought it was the end of the world. I tuned in just in time to see the second tower being hit. My dear God, why ?? As I like everyone else struggled through the day still nothing much was known about what had just happened to our nation or what was going to happen. Would there be more attacks ? Were we at war ?? Nobody knew.

To all the fallen I weep for you and for your families still 9 years later. For our country, which I love with all my heart I still cry. To all the brave firefighters and police and workers and volunteers and yes even the canines who worked at ground zero tirelessly, some of whom eventually lost their lives due to the conditions there, I say thank you. It was without a doubt the worst day I have ever seen America face yet and I, like my friend Xmas365 who also posted a blog about this, will never forget.

In honor of all our nation and of 911 today I have a wallpaper on my computer of the 3 firefighters raising our flag. I am sure you have all seen it. It speaks of the bravery of our nation. Our nation under God.

Even though I am sitting here crying, I personally still refuse to hate all people of Islam. I will not do it. God teaches me that it is wrong to hate. "Love your enemies. Bless those who persecute you." "Turn the other cheek". Those are not my words, they are the words of my savior, Jesus. No, I do not believe all people of Islam are terrorists or extremists any more than I believe any one group be it religious or racial has any certain characteristic.

I do not know why 911 happened but I do know that hatred and prejudice do not heal, they rip apart and cause further damage. We need to recall the words of our savior, Jesus, and perhaps truly reflect on "what would Jesus do." We need to come together truly as one nation under God.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1079 Comments 1
« Screaming At God     Main     Just Another Day »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Words cannot express how powerful this blog really is.

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award