Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Christmas, Life, and Family » The Christmas Bug is Buzzing!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 53,994
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, K1081
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

The Christmas Bug is Buzzing!

Submit "The Christmas Bug is Buzzing!" to Digg Submit "The Christmas Bug is Buzzing!" to del.icio.us Submit "The Christmas Bug is Buzzing!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Christmas Bug is Buzzing!" to Google
Posted 09-07-2011 at 09:06 AM by xmas365

With Christmas still more than 3 months in the future, and the decorating season 2 months away, I have been really bitten by the Christmas bug this year. I cannot wait for the season to begin this year, the fun, the parties, just that warm special feeling that is in the air all December long, it is a shame that feeling can't last longer throughout the year. I have mentioned before in my blog and in the forums how off kilter our spring/summer has been, but it is time to move on from that and focus on all things red & green, going to a few local gift shops this past weekend and seeing their Christmas decorations and smelling the Christmas candles has really stoked the "Christmas fire" in my belly. It has also really made me realize how bad I want to get this Christmas store going, but that is still years away at this point.

Why is Christmas so special to so many of us we feel the need to find it and live it everyday of the year?
There is nothing like Christmas, people write songs for it, make movies about it, write about it, and LIVE it. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday, but it doesn't get the recognition, or fanfare Christmas gets, it is looked at as the doorway to Christmas and by some it is overlooked for the day it is. Halloween is fun especially for kids, and some people do treat it bigger than Christmas, but the songs are not as well known, and parts of society has turned it into a gorefest. Christmas is ringing in my ears, my boys have been singing Christmas songs, LC has been taking his Santa and Rudolph action figures everywhere with him, to preschool and to bed he doesn't want them out of his sight. The ornament doesn't fall far from the tree. I am just a big kid when it comes to Christmas, I still look in the sky on Christmas Eve trying to spot Santa's sleigh on it's magic flight, I can't sleep well on Christmas Eve into Christmas morning, I am still the first one up, I have to wait for the boys to get up.
As we step closer to the season I realize I still get as excited as I did 30 years ago. Christmas will be here soon, but some days it doesn't feel soon enough.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1678 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I am totally with you on this xo Wonderful blog, as usual.
  2. Old Comment
    Good Blog!
    Posted 09-30-2011 at 09:37 PM by GoodTastinCoffeeMan GoodTastinCoffeeMan is offline
  3. Old Comment
    I truly enjoyed reading this....Thanks for sharing...Merry CHRISTmas....God bless you and the family....
    Posted 10-13-2011 at 10:13 AM by One Spoiled Brat One Spoiled Brat is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award