Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Someone To Watch Over Me

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Somewhere in France
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:14 PM
50,377 Views  0 Posts
The Big Red Box
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:27 PM
0 Posts
Top Ten Christmas Videos...
By Jeff Westover
12-16-2013 08:10 AM
14,146 Views  0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
31,036 Views  0 Posts
Martha Stewart's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:37 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:37 PM
66,313 Views  1 Posts
Rate this Entry

Someone To Watch Over Me

Submit "Someone To Watch Over Me" to Digg Submit "Someone To Watch Over Me" to del.icio.us Submit "Someone To Watch Over Me" to StumbleUpon Submit "Someone To Watch Over Me" to Google
Posted 10-15-2011 at 08:00 PM by caninemom3

Today is the perfect Autumn day !! It is cool, the wind is blowing in that perfect October way (being a Christmas nut to me it feels like Santa Claus time !!), and this morning it was dark. When I went outside with Clancy this morning, though it was chilly I took the time to look around at the trees and to feel and breath in Autumn. Such a magical feeling in the air !!

Clancy and I returned back to the living room and I built a small but warm fire, turned the Christmas lights on which are on the mantle as well as my fiberoptic Jack O' Lantern which is on the entertainment center. We all snuggled in for a quiet and cozy morning. After reading a while I became quite drowsy and drifted off to sleep, Wishbone in my arms, Clancy at my feet, all of us in front of the comforting dream-enhancing soft blaze in the fireplace.

A few hours later I was awoken. Clancy was nudging me with that cold nose of hers and giving me desperate kisses. She seemed very concerned about something.

As I regained consciousness, I began to realize I could not breath well. I have had asthma for the last 30+ years but an attack as bad as this one is rare. I went into the bathroom and to my astonishment there was a blue ring around my lips and my nail beds were also blue. I had hypoxia from the asthma attack. Staying calm, I quickly administered my medication and in just a little while all had returned to normal. No more blue nail beds and no more blue ring around my mouth.

Had it not been for my Clancy, I may not be here now. She saved me, at least that is how I see it. I hugged and hugged and yes, kissed her many times and thanked her.

Clancy has always been my baby. I adopted her when she was just small and we have formed a bond so close and beautiful.

I believe God sends dogs and cats and other animals to earth as angels for humans though we do not deserve them or appreciate them the way we should. We may not see their wings but they are there. This morning, my 96 pound Rhodesian Ridgeback angel saved me. As I hugged her, I swear I caught a glimpse of a red feathered wing on her back and just a gleam of a halo in her sweet amber eyes......
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3039 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    elf, thank God for clancy! you are so right the bond i have w/ my own animals is a deep & strong one. i'm so glad to hear the asthma attack subsided. beautiful read. thank you
    Posted 10-16-2011 at 07:10 AM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline
  2. Old Comment
    hi there i think me and you are the same person. in ways lol i beleive that to, that god sent animals for a reason. its lovely just sitting sometimes with them in the quiet like you were. when my dog sady died that i had for 13 years it near killed me but i swear to this day that he was with me for about 3 weeks after it. then one day a dove was in the garden making funny noises , i went out thinking it was hurt (it was,nt) and i give it some bread and it sat and eat the bread and looked at me for about a minute then it turned and flew away. when i came back into the house . i could not feel that sandy was not here any more , i beleive that the dove was maybe sandy in a way saying goodbye . i have lost somethings in my life but have never felt anything like it befour my best friend died at 28 and yes it hurt like hell. but not as bad as my dog sometimes i feel guily about it. somtimes i think dogs can sense things are wrong even befour we know. thank god you had your wee clancey to protect you and glad you were able to sort yourself out quick stay safe friend
  3. Old Comment
    Great blog Louanne! Animals are very very smart indeed! I remember one time when I was taking strong pain medication from surgery pookie did the same thing to me...turns out I was gasping for air in my sleep(that is how most ppl die from pain meds,they simply dooze off and stop breathing) it scared me but pookie knew something was wrong! Thank God clancy was there to save you today...up until then it sounded like your morning was very peaceful though! I hope you stay well,we need you around here! so take care of yourself!!xoxo
    Updated 10-17-2011 at 01:47 PM by gabulldawg (error)

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award