Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > A Merry Blog » Cookbooks are here!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,932
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,862)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
Long-winded Christmas musings and observations in operating My Merry Christmas.
Rate this Entry

Cookbooks are here!

Submit "Cookbooks are here!" to Digg Submit "Cookbooks are here!" to del.icio.us Submit "Cookbooks are here!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cookbooks are here!" to Google
Posted 11-08-2011 at 07:17 PM by Jeff Westover

26 cases and 356 pounds of material was shipped to my house and received today -- the largest single shipment by UPS ever to my house.

The neighbors were gawking.

Once I got it all inside I eagerly opened the top box and pulled out the first fresh copy of The Sweet Treats of Christmas.

It was a great Christmas moment, I have to tell you. What a thrill to see the finished product -- something that we never planned to do that just came together from a groundswell of support in the community. I can't wait to ship them out and get reactions from folks about them.

My Mom is going to get one tomorrow. I know she'll be stunned. When I told her about it a month or two ago she seemed at first a little lukewarm. Mom doesn't cook much any more.

But when I told her the story of its creation and how it is made up of recipes from real people from all over the world she perked right up. "How do I get one of those?"

So based on Mom's reaction I'm certain we've got a hit on our hands.

And I sure hope so. I've spent a lot of money over the years in building the Christmas empire here but few bills have come in as big as this one -- thousands of dollars has been spent on this project.

And if Santa's Sleigh is to be a success this year we've got to sell all of these cookbooks within the next five weeks.

For me personally, I see this as high on my gift-giving list this year. After all, the product couldn't be better and the cause is perfect. And I guarantee this won't be returned or regifted.

But for tonight, as I pack up shipping boxes for those that have pre ordered, I'm basking in the glow of an early Christmas.

It is a good feeling.
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Awesome!

You have really put a lot of work into this. Thanks!
    Posted 11-09-2011 at 05:22 PM by Christmas-A-Holic Christmas-A-Holic is offline
  2. Old Comment
    How perfectly wonderful, thank you so much for bring us all together.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award