Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > gabulldawg » Mixed Feelings and the Holidays!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas in England
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:13 PM
43,447 Views  0 Posts
santahat The Real History of the...
By MMC Editor
10-24-2013 12:44 PM
16,561 Views  0 Posts
Somewhere in France
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:14 PM
50,303 Views  0 Posts
santahat Light on a Snowy Day
By MMC Editor
11-07-2011 07:41 AM
0 Posts
The Christmas Tree
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:30 PM
63,313 Views  0 Posts
Rate this Entry

Mixed Feelings and the Holidays!

Submit "Mixed Feelings and the Holidays!" to Digg Submit "Mixed Feelings and the Holidays!" to del.icio.us Submit "Mixed Feelings and the Holidays!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mixed Feelings and the Holidays!" to Google
Posted 12-23-2011 at 07:12 AM by gabulldawg

Well I can't believe it's the holidays again. As the song goes "another year older,Another year just begun" or however it goes...I have somewhat mixed feelings this year at the holidays and feel guilty for having them at all.
Back in 2009 at the holidays I was just getting back on my feet from a divorce from being married 13 years so everyone kinda expected me to be a mess and I was. I don't remember getting out of bed except to work the month of December. Last year was a really good holiday season. I don't remember feeling like this. As I am in the final days before I offically and finally become a dad I find myself questioning alot of things...and I really had high hopes for this holiday season. But on November 6 of this year everything changed in a big way with my parents getting injured and my dad having a major stroke and even though he made it,and may somewhat recover,it hurts me that I know he is hurting this season and I can't help it,I know he wants to be home instead of a nursing home. But I know in the long run he is better off there where he can get better treatment and rehab.
All of these feelings of helplessness along with a few other things I would never be able to explain in a blog have me feeling blue,and major guilt for feeling blue. I am nervous about becoming a dad hopeing I'm not a complete failure or a joke!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2191 Comments 2
« I am with you.     Main
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Neil,

I can relate to the nervousness of becoming a first time dad, I worried about everything, about my wife, about being a good dad, what if the baby is ugly? Yes I actually worried about that. There were a lot more things I worried about also but remember they are only newborn once, enjoy every second with Jordan, look at the overnight feedings with joy not discontent, it is such a great bonding time I had with my first son, I missed it big time with my second son since he took to breast feeding and I missed out on that time. Just enjoy this time, it will be a learning experience for all three of you. The holidays are always tough when someone in your family isn't 100%, I know you are on the other side of the country from your father, and I can't imagine how you feel not being closer to him, just take as much comfort in that he is in the best hands possible, and he has people that are trying to help him get better. Enjoy your Christmas friend, my thoughts are with you, Brandi, Jordan, and your parents and family.
  2. Old Comment
    Hi Neil,

There is nothing to feel guilty about. It is more than understandable that you are upset this year. I can relate. The year my first husband died it was in November, just a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. Part of me really wanted and needed the joy of Christmas but another part was just devastated and lost. With the help of good friends and also with family I made it through that year. I even had help putting up the tree.

It has to be super tough with your dad having gone through and going through what he is. Please know that your Christmas family are ALWAYS here for you. God bless - you are going to be a WONDERFUL dad xo

Oh, and Merry Christmas ((Hugs)) xo

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award