Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » 2011 closing and welcoming 2012...

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,226
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,420)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Rate this Entry

2011 closing and welcoming 2012...

Submit "2011 closing and welcoming 2012..." to Digg Submit "2011 closing and welcoming 2012..." to del.icio.us Submit "2011 closing and welcoming 2012..." to StumbleUpon Submit "2011 closing and welcoming 2012..." to Google
Posted 12-29-2011 at 02:35 PM by lauriebear
Tags 2012, new year

As the Christmas Season is winding down I start to reflect on the past year and what it all meant to me. What goals did I achieve what goals I didn’t and why I didn’t? Goals I am still working at, and what I plan to do to achieve them. People who lent me a helping hand those I lent it too. Yes this year for my family and I was a good one. We all still have one another. We have a roof over our heads and a little stash for a rainy day. We resolved some problems; yes some still need tending, like that pesky leak by the dishwasher, ugh! The slugs in my garden, how the plague me, I think they like my dirt and leaves better than anyone else in my neighborhood!!! Last January was steady, February was awesome (for me it always is that is my Birthday month), March saw Spring arrive and that is always nice, though it was a cool one, April spouted the buds of new flowers. May came and with it Memorial Day weekend, it was lovely, we started to warm up. Spring quickly turned to Summer and the June days just passed by, Independence Day was a perfect summer day, August was a blast. Baseball and beach parties. Just a lovely time. Before I knew it Labor Day came and labor day went. Then it was Fall, but what an odd Fall it was, so warm right through till December. Rainy in October, but Beautiful in November, ah and well it never matters in December, warm or cold, snow or rain it is perfect in December. On the 24th the Eve of Christmas what a day it was picture perfect, Times Square bustled, Macy’s 34th ST window was aglow, As was Lord & Taylor’s window. The Radio City Christmas Show was unbelievable!!! The Humbugs although I know they we suppose to be mean, were quite cute in their own little humbug way!!! St Patrick’s Cathedral, still a sight to behold, as was my own little Methodist Church, the candles, the flowers, the service, and the pageant. So as I watch another year end I realized just how truly blessed I am. Welcome 2012, what joy do you have in store for me!!! What delights await!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2935 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Nice blog, Laurie. I don't look upon regrets of the year that is closing unless I can learn from something that went wrong, yet I always challenge myself in goals for a better year ahead. I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I make goals for the betterment of myself and those around me. Happy New Year!
    Posted 01-01-2012 at 08:52 AM by AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Thx Auntie Yes I like that idea goals are so much easier for me to work with then resolutions, at least for me
  3. Old Comment
    Most resolutions aren't realistic so they fail nearly as quickly as they are made. The only one I ever kept was four years ago. I suffered from insomnia (Christmas, work and family related mostly) so I decided not to set the alarm clock anymore. Surprisingly, my body woke me up within the same half hour every morning regardless of what time I went to bed so I never had to set the alarm clock again. Not worrying about what time it was and how much time I could sleep if only I fell asleep for at least an hour, watching the clock had as much to do with my insomnia as the thoughts roaming around my head.

I welcome 2012 with a merry heart and a determination not to let negative energy affect me - instead I'll keep company with positive folks.
    Posted 01-07-2012 at 10:53 AM by AuntieMistletoeDear AuntieMistletoeDear is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Awesome, you stated it perfectly. I think I may use this on my desk wall at work. What positive energy.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award