Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,950
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,270)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Rate this Entry

37 is the new 25

Submit "37 is the new 25" to Digg Submit "37 is the new 25" to del.icio.us Submit "37 is the new 25" to StumbleUpon Submit "37 is the new 25" to Google
Posted 01-08-2012 at 02:59 PM by xmas365

Another year older, may or maybe not another year wiser. I made it past that dreaded age of 36 that I had been dreading since I was 16. (In case you don't know or remember my mom died when I was 16, she was 36) I have been on this Earth longer than my mother was, I grew up way too fast, basically becoming an adult by the age of 16, maybe even earlier, as I was cooking and cleaning for my sick mom and family. While most kids in their mid teens think about girls or sports I was thinking of making corn flake chicken, or something else for dinner for my family. As I have posted in the "2012 Resolutions?" thread I am determined to defeat my shyness and anxiety this year, I am being more friendly at work, and genuinely smiling at people, I have more confidence now than in the past, thanks to some flirty customers, and new friends. I feel appreciated by the people that work for me, and they look at me for comic relief when they are stressed out. I know I wrote about the flirting from customers and strangers a few months ago, but I have grown to appreciate it a little, and with that I have gotten confidence, of course I tell my wife about it each time it happens, I laugh about it, and she does too, but she tells me it is probably happening now because my looks have started to mature a bit more, and she says she can't blame them. I am not used to the attention, and I tend to avoid the customers I know who flirt with me by sneaking off to my prep room if I see them first. If I don't see them first, and they start talking to me, I turn a bright tomato red, and try to figure out how to get away. Getting older has never bothered me except for the age of 36, I am just grateful for the chance to get older, I have good genes for the most part, my grandfather will be 90 this year, my grandma is in her late 80's, my other grandparents are both deceased, but lived into their late 70's and 80's respectively, my great grandmother lived into her late 90's. I have no allergies, or health issues except for my anxiety, which will be, hopefully banished by the time I am 38. I am trying to be more outgoing, but the telephone is still my biggest bugaboo, I LOATHE talking on the phone. This will be a big year for me to defeat these issues, I have started off well. I just need to keep my confidence and I should be able to do it. Hello 37, it is good to finally meet you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2204 Comments 4
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Great read...love the title as well!! I need to start thinking that way myself!
  2. Old Comment
    Wonderful post. I hope you reach your goals. Smiling is one of the best ways to open up with people. If you just smile you will be surprised how the world opens up to you.
  3. Old Comment
    =0) Nicely said, I hope you have a wonderful 2012!
  4. Old Comment
    good for you xmas, i wish you all the luck in the world.
    Posted 01-29-2012 at 05:15 PM by merrymistletoe merrymistletoe is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award